Yanks and Christmas

I'm enjoying a fine Heineken, chilled mind you, and served in a frosted mug. I don't know how you guys can drink it warm, but it's now about 1730 Zulu so I'm guessing you're probably full of holiday cheer by now.

Merry Xmas

-------

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

- Arthur C Clarke

Reply to
Ehvee8or

Ooops. That should have been 1930 Zulu.

Hope you hear from Beagle 2 soon.

-------

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

- Arthur C Clarke

Reply to
Ehvee8or

I always have a gun, but that's not what I was talking about. Sorry about the confusion. In Guns it's a .45. In Woodworking a #45 is a fancy pants combination plane made by Stanley:

we've had this sort of problem in the past with our cousins across the pond, eh Jeff? Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

And how long have you been waiting for an opportune moment to post these? :)

Reply to
Upscale

I wish. I'd really like to have a beer right now, but I have to go to work in a couple of hours. :(

Humbug.

Reply to
Silvan

While the above statement is assuredly true, I have serious doubts about wasps, bees and the shrew.

Reply to
Silvan

You poor ol' bloke - working nights and at Christmas. Happy Boxing Day.

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

Well Bobby, glad "Nahm" visited your part of the world and that PBS (the public TV on this side of the pond) gets his shows on air in the UK from time to time. I was compelled to write as for christmas my bride got me a DVD of all 12 Fawlty Towers episodes from the BBC, and as much as I enjoy Nahm, I am a great fan of John Cleese of Monty fame, or is it Sir John, gee, they just knighted Mick Jagger so they must have knighted Cleese, or they should have by now. From my point of view, a trade of Nahm for Basil is better than even. Merry to all and happy new year. Mutt.

P.S. oh, and Piss Off..... :-) [I love that phrase....just as good as kiss my arse......]

Reply to
Mutt

Thanks mate or as you say, "buddy". It is not often I am told to "piss off" being a middle manager at work. But I bet people who I work with say it under their breath to me.

Yes, I am a "Nahm" fan. Maybe I will nominate him for a knighthood for services to the tool industry. He has a tool and a jig for everything. You yanks, on TV and on rec.woodworking, are well advanced on DIY.

No, sorry, mate, John Cleese is not a "Sir". The nearest he got to being a "Sir" was playing the part (Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington in Harry Potter, was it?) Or was it when he said, "That Sir, is an EX-parrott". I am sure where that phrase comes from.

Mick Jagger got his knighthood, to the surprise of many, for services to international music (and not for shagging women).

I am not too sure about trading Nahm for Basil. I think I will stick to Norm for the moment.

So your bride got you a DVD of all 12 Fawlty Towers episodes from the BBC. Hang about, Mutt, Basil was henpecked i.e. under Sybils thumb, is your bride trying to show you the way to go? Are you sure you would trade Nahm for Basil? (Just kidding).

Happy New Year, mate.

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

in the post just above mine in the thread JOAT wrote: " And, for the God's sakes people, for the new year, learn to snip."

So I did.......

Gary

Reply to
GeeDubb

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

Not all here are yanks you know, I guess you just feel sorry for them because they lost the civil wah........

-- mike hide

Reply to
Mike Hide

You suh, must mean "the War of Northern Agression" or "That Recent Unpleasantness". Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

I thought it was the war to "free" the southern slaves for use as industrial labor in the rust belt.....

Reply to
nospam

I was sent a Christmas present from a friend in West Virginia - a Conmfederate flag. It now flys happily over my front gate. From other postings it sounds as though the war may be over. Who won? Ken (in Australia)

Reply to
boonie

Lincoln did.

BTW, I hope he bought that flag for you over the border in Virginia.

Reply to
Silvan

Save your Dixie Cups, this ain't over just yet. so far it's the business interests in the lead though. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

RTW, eh?

Should you stumble upon a wheelchair-bound lawyer by the name of Andrew King, please invite him to smooch my bloody arse, and kindly inform him that Melinda and her new hubby are quite comfy.

Cheers, mate!

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

Might as well send them to Oz. Public display will soon be banned, and production of such must be winding down under PC pressure.

Reply to
George

And happy new year to you Kevin and, of course, Melinda. Sounds as if you have given up the informative rec.woodworking and the super DIYer Norm and have been in our spa town Royal Tunbridge Wells. Tough luck, mate. The only wheelchair bound solicitor that I know is Andrew Bruce and he come from Sussex, I beleive. I cannot find your Andrew King, see:

RTW has a prefix postcode of TN1 or TN2".

Anyway, mate, I hope you have had a good Christmas and will have a good new year.

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl