Yanks and Christmas

Page 2 of 3
Bobby Bewl said:

Yes, I have seen those episodes. I think they got tired of paying air fair, however, and now he goes to New England (US) to visit antique shops.

Perhaps I misunderstood the 'and piss off' comment at the end of your message. Sounded like a troll to me.
You seem OK though, so Merry Christmas and Bless Tiny Tim.
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

No its not paying the air fare; its the crap antique furniture we sell in old, tired and conservative Tunbridge Wells.

I have had 4 bottles (pints) on Black Sheep Ale - a pale ale and, not quite, a bottle of Chardonney. So everyone around me can go away or piss off. Surely, I don't 'ave to be perfect every bloody day of the year!

Bobby
<snip>

I'm enjoying a fine Heineken, chilled mind you, and served in a frosted mug. I don't know how you guys can drink it warm, but it's now about 1730 Zulu so I'm guessing you're probably full of holiday cheer by now.
Merry Xmas
-------
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke
Ooops. That should have been 1930 Zulu.
Hope you hear from Beagle 2 soon.
wrote:

-------
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke
Bobby Bewl wrote:

I wish. I'd really like to have a beer right now, but I have to go to work in a couple of hours. :(
Humbug.

Bobby
Well Bobby, glad "Nahm" visited your part of the world and that PBS (the public TV on this side of the pond) gets his shows on air in the UK from time to time. I was compelled to write as for christmas my bride got me a DVD of all 12 Fawlty Towers episodes from the BBC, and as much as I enjoy Nahm, I am a great fan of John Cleese of Monty fame, or is it Sir John, gee, they just knighted Mick Jagger so they must have knighted Cleese, or they should have by now. From my point of view, a trade of Nahm for Basil is better than even. Merry to all and happy new year. Mutt.
P.S. oh, and Piss Off..... :-) [I love that phrase....just as good as kiss my arse......]

Mutt wrote:

Thanks mate or as you say, "buddy". It is not often I am told to "piss off" being a middle manager at work. But I bet people who I work with say it under their breath to me.
Yes, I am a "Nahm" fan. Maybe I will nominate him for a knighthood for services to the tool industry. He has a tool and a jig for everything. You yanks, on TV and on rec.woodworking, are well advanced on DIY.
No, sorry, mate, John Cleese is not a "Sir". The nearest he got to being a "Sir" was playing the part (Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington in Harry Potter, was it?) Or was it when he said, "That Sir, is an EX-parrott". I am sure where that phrase comes from.
Mick Jagger got his knighthood, to the surprise of many, for services to international music (and not for shagging women).
I am not too sure about trading Nahm for Basil. I think I will stick to Norm for the moment.
So your bride got you a DVD of all 12 Fawlty Towers episodes from the BBC. Hang about, Mutt, Basil was henpecked i.e. under Sybils thumb, is your bride trying to show you the way to go? Are you sure you would trade Nahm for Basil? (Just kidding).
Happy New Year, mate.
Bobby

RTW, eh?
Should you stumble upon a wheelchair-bound lawyer by the name of Andrew King, please invite him to smooch my bloody arse, and kindly inform him that Melinda and her new hubby are quite comfy.
Cheers, mate!
Kevin
Kevin Craig wrote:

And happy new year to you Kevin and, of course, Melinda. Sounds as if you have given up the informative rec.woodworking and the super DIYer Norm and have been in our spa town Royal Tunbridge Wells. Tough luck, mate. The only wheelchair bound solicitor that I know is Andrew Bruce and he come from Sussex, I beleive. I cannot find your Andrew King, see: http://www.solicitors-online.com/ RTW has a prefix postcode of TN1 or TN2".
Anyway, mate, I hope you have had a good Christmas and will have a good new year.
Bobby
I'm a Yank and I'm sorry to hear about the Queens mishap to her little dog, I know how she feels. I was just a kid when she became Queen and I've always thought she was a very nice lady. Merry Christmas to you.
Brooks

BrooksVanPall wrote:

understanding.
The Quenn is into field sports like fox hunting, pheasant shooting, pigeon racing, horse riding and so on, so I dare say one dog against another is just like a bit of sport to her.
Come to think about it: the corgi (Queens dog) comes from Wales (a country with its own langauage bolted onto the left side of England; home to Tom Jones,Catheine Zeta-Jones, and so on) and the pit bull terrier (Princess Anne's dog) comes from .... errr ummmm the States. What a bugger for international relations! And what a Christmas day for us. The nation is now in grief.
Thanks Brooks! Happy new year.
Bobby
We like to think of it as fashionably late.
The best of wishes for Ya'll
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

Well, you forgot us Canucks, but Merry Christmas just the same, pity about the Corgi.

LOL!
I was in Winnipeg in the late 70's when the Pythons did their "1st Farewell Tour" across Canada, and saw them live at the concert hall. Fantastic show, and of course when the curtain closed we were all on our feet yelling for more.
They came back and did the "Dead Parrot" sketch, then left the stage again.
Once again, we were all on our feet applauding and screaming "Encore! Encore!"
After about 5 minutes, the projector came on and a slide reading "PISS OFF!" was projected.
After we stopped laughing, we indeed pissed off.
All the best, Bobby!
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Dave Balderstone wrote:

I guess Canucks are from Canada but I dare not guess further just incase I am wrong. I am not bothered about the Corgi - is all tax payers money.

You see, you knew what I meant and how i said it. You are a good sport, Dave.
Happy new year.
Bobby

"Yanks" in Guam were already belching after that Christmas dinner when you got up.
Nonetheless, Happy Christmas.

Not all here are yanks you know, I guess you just feel sorry for them because they lost the civil wah........
-- mike hide

Mike Hide wrote:

You suh, must mean "the War of Northern Agression" or "That Recent Unpleasantness". Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:26:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com wrote:

I thought it was the war to "free" the southern slaves for use as industrial labor in the rust belt.....
I was sent a Christmas present from a friend in West Virginia - a Conmfederate flag. It now flys happily over my front gate. From other postings it sounds as though the war may be over. Who won? Ken (in Australia)