www.leevalley.com not answering tonight 8:47pm PST

unable to get to the site, unable to ping them unable to resolve the name go daddy says they are still there.

Alan

Reply to
Alan W

I'm having no trouble now.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

There's something going on in Canada on the net. I had no connection at all a while ago, and still can't ping the office (producer.com).

I can get to Lee Valley as of 10:53 CST.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Oh, and if you can't even resolve the name, it's probably a problem with your ISP's DNS servers. To see, try navigating to

's the IP address that
resolves to.

tod

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Do we really need to waste the bandwidth of this conference troubleshooting someone's ISP problems? In variably this types of knee-jerk reports are local issues.

Grouchy-in-Houston Bob

Reply to
Bob

Site responding at 10:02 PST

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

troubleshooting

No kidding. By my estimates, we've eaten up ALMOST 10K already! I mean, good Lord, when will it end? For dial-up users, it would take nearly THREE SECONDS on average to download the thread to this point. Consider the boredom of the poor modem user who has to find some way of passing the time while his newsreader downloads this bandwidth-hogging thread. We can only hope that Alan has not prevented the mother of a sick child from being able to order an online prescription after unleashing this internet-clogging thread.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Its not about *technical* bandwidth. Sorry you wasted your time doing all the calculations.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

No. It's about somebody not being able to get into the LV website. Certainly a serious problem for anybody and must be rectified asap!

John

What's band width? Music or someth>

Reply to
Eddie Munster

Don't worry. I took me about the same three seconds to do all the calculations. Did I wander into rec.woodworking.moderated by mistake? The original post was at least tangentially related to woodworking, so please be some other group's nanny.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

all a while ago, and still can't ping the office (producer.com).

Your CAD is getting too strong, Alan Greenspan has cut you off!

Reply to
Rumpty

They have probably been bought out by China and a new server is being installed....

Reply to
Rumpty