WWII Update

No offense but isn't the term "production" when used with the word "quality mirror smooth" an oxymoron? I do a fair amount of "production work" for my construction business. I also build furniture for a hobby. You can pretty much guarantee when it comes time for "production", my beloved WW2 gets hidden in the closet and the freud comes out for use. And who ever it was (Todd?) said the freud was half as good as the forrest is dead on. Infact a dull forrest is still a better cut than a sharp freud. IMHO, YMMV. Hope this helps. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

Production defined for high end (really high end, meant for million plus dollar homes) custom woodwork/furniture...not carpentry.

Renata

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:47:15 -0800, "Slowhand" construction business. I also build furniture for a hobby. You can pretty

Reply to
Renata

Don't worry about it. If they guy want to use a WWII, that's his perogotive. Personally, I'm perfectly happy with my 40.00 Freud. It gives me glue line rips every time. The only time I take a board to the jointer is when I'm trying to sneak up on perfect fit. It's a lot easier to take

1/64" off that it is to put it back on. Want me to tell you about the thin kerf Freud I got on Ebay for 5.00? The guy didn't have a sharpening service in his town and didn't want to be bothered with mailing it off so he just sold it. Cost me another 8.00 to get it sharpened.
Reply to
PM6564

Interspersed...

NO!

So, here's the obligatory "You Suck", but in this case quite WELL DESERVED! Argh! GUess I oughta start scanning ebay.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

he didn't want to mail it to a sharpening place, but he mailed it to you?

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

The world is full of people who make my framing hammer look smart.

Reply to
PM6564

"PM6564" sezzed > >The world is full of people who make my framing >hammer look smart.

LOL! Spit my coffee on my keyboard. Hope you don't mind if I use it ;-) SH

Reply to
Slowhand