WWII!

Page 2 of 2

I've had reasonably good service from Circle Saw of Tucson on my jointer and planer knives, but I haven't taken my Forrest there, yet. Tom Mark & Juanita wrote:

Toller wrote:

In my experience, quite a while. Wait until you see a Chopmaster and Dado King!
To be fair, I've seen other blades that are just as good, such as Ridge Carbide, but they cost the same or more as a comparable Forrest.

You've got to be kidding. The Ridge Carbide Northwoods dado set is about 60% of the price of the Forrest Dado King -- and cuts a flatter bottom.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

I got the Dado King for $149. <G>
I'm plenty happy with the bottom of my particular set. The only non-flat part is a tiny "bat wing" in each corner.

New??? How the heck did you manage that?

Same way with the Ridge set, except the bat wing is even smaller, almost non-existent.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

One of Amazon's 15 second sales.

?? Not familiar with that.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

In the past, Amazon has had some items get really cheap, for a really short time.
I think two of us on the group picked up $149 Dado Kings.
B A R R Y wrote:

I've generally seen the Ridge priced cheaper -- maybe I'm looking in the wrong places :)
Dad's got the Ridge equivalent of a WWII on his TS. I have a WWII on mine. I've never done a head to head comparison of the blades one a single saw but my general impression is the that WWII leaves a glassier surface though edges of the Ridge are also glue-ready. The difference could be saw tuning, however.
hex -30-
hex wrote:

Dado set, yes. I got a freaky deal on my DK, but if you shop, you can get 10" Forrest blades for around the same price as Ridge.
WWII's can be had for $80-something bucks.

never used one but on that same subject, does anyone use the Chopmaster for cross cutting. I bought one at IWF (haven't recieved it yet, supposed to ship today) based on the show demo.
While I've always been satisfied with my Leitz combo for the table saw (have three), never had a decent negative hook cross cut blade.
Hope it is worth the money.
Frank

Is the chopmaster a negative angle? I really need a better blade for my RAS. Try it out and let us know how it is.

Yes, 5 degrees negative hook.

Will do.
Frank

You probably want a WW "I" for a RAS.

I see that it says WWI for RAS, but it has a positive hook doesn't it? They could do a little better on their website.

Give them a call they are smart people. They will also build you a blade to your specifications if they do not stock what you want.

I thought they were VFW members.... shows how little I know.. *g* Mac