WTB Router

Hey group, Im looking for a router that will accept the porter cable guide bushings. Naturally a porter cable would work and I think the Hitachi M12 (see my other post!). Im sure there are other makes that have this feature but Im not sure what they are. If anyone has one for sale by any chance please let me know and I might just take it off your hands. I have four routers and none of the darn things have the proper base for those bushings. I know there are adapters and plates but for some reason I try to stay away from "adapters and retrofits".
Thanks!
Jim
-- ....

will accept the PC Template Guides. He is on the web.... Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd /
The DeWalt 616 and 618 family of routers accepts the PC standard sized bushings and accessories. They are also drilled for mounting in a table using the same hole pattern as a PC690.
I have the 618 with all 3 bases, and I have no complaints at all - except that you can now get the 3 base pack with an edge guide for a great price.
Adam.

The new Makitas (1101 series) will use PC anything. I was told that they designed it that way because PC accessories had pretty much become the standard, and they wanted PC owners to upgrade without losing all their accessories. My 1101 is a great router. Quiet (for a router) and powerful.

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 01:25:51 GMT, "James D Kountz"

on the PC the bushings are mounted to the sub base rather than to the router body. sub bases are relatively easy to make for most routers. setting up one of your existing machines should be pretty easy.     Bridger