Wry humor from the journeymen...

SWMBO keeps telling me "You're not making a piano here..."

Reply to
Doug Miller

snippage

"Bash to fit, Paint to hide"

Alternately:

"If it don't fit, force it - if it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."

And the measuring/cutting one, I always heard it as "Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a grease pencil, cut it with a chainsaw"

If it doesn't fit - you need a bigger hammer.

-Kevin in Indy To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

Reply to
vonKevin

I hadn't heard that one. I remember "Good enough for government work.", though.

Said by a person who survived the Depression.

Spoken by an engineering type.

Here we have a Union comment.

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Caulk to fit, paint to match.

and

It ain't a credenza.

Reply to
Dave In Texas

Maybe a clock...

Reply to
krw

One I find myself saying justifying my actions to others:

"You can't fix it if you're not willing to take a chance of breaking it."

As far as my old Microsoft keyboard, it needed replacing anyway. I was surprised how complicated those things are on the inside! : )

Reply to
Bill

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is!

Reply to
salty

My Dad to me: "Son, you're doing it BASSAKWARDS!"

Reply to
Zz Yzx

My dad and his two brothers had a small carpentry company back in the

1950s (Hall Brothers Builders). My uncle used to tell my dad, when he was gett>Recalling some homilies and quips that made me smile years ago, the
Reply to
dhall987

--------------------------------------- Don't bite your fingernails and never eat the yellow snow.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

########################### When I worked for the Feds, I used to hear =3D Good enuff for government work !!

Smitty ############################

Reply to
papadoo1

Every asshole is a potential customer.

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

I always heard it as 3 things, the first being "Hot's on the left"

Reply to
Larry W

I always remembered it as they needed to know - hot on the left, cold on the right - s*it runs down hill - payday is on Friday.

Reply to
Morgans

I always remembered it as they needed to know - hot on the left, cold on the right - s*it runs down hill - payday is on Friday.

Reply to
Morgans

My brother used to hear that a lot from the artillery... "Close enough for government work!" (Explanation available if you really need it..."

Reply to
BobMac

Along with the other things in this thread, I remember hearing:

*The Boss is an SOB & *Quittin' time is 5 O'clock

Have a nice day, woodstuff

Reply to
woodstuff

A plumber is an electrician with the shit kicked out of him.

Reply to
Robatoy

Years ago I heard from a welder: "More rod, more heat, more money"

Reply to
Larry W