Wrapping polyurethane brush in plastic?

Is it okay to wrap a polyurethane lacquer brush in plastic between uses to avoid cleaning it?
I have done that many times with paint and stain, but don't know if lacquer will be as friendly.
Thanks.
: Is it okay to wrap a polyurethane lacquer brush in plastic between uses to : avoid cleaning it? : : I have done that many times with paint and stain, but don't know if lacquer : will be as friendly. : Are you lazy? Or is this a $.50 brush? You can freeze it in a bag between coats, but please, just clean it.
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:07:29 GMT, "Wade Lippman"

get a jar from some peanut butter (eat the peanut butter first!)
drill a hole in the top that will fit your brush handle
pour a little amount of lacquer thinner in the jar.
drill a 1/4" hole in the brush handle, far enough from the bristles so that when it hangs, it keeps out of the liquid thinner
push the brush into the lid.
push a small dowel into the hole in the brush.
place the lid on the jar, and cover with plastic wrap if you like.
should keep the brush from gettin nasty between coats
You could always try wrapping it tin foil. Add a little thinner to the brush as you wrap it up.

So I'm lazy. Actually, I have better things to do than wash brushes when I will be using them a few hours later. If I leave a brush in thinners, it gets full of the stuff and at the next use, the paint or whatever is diluted for the first few mins resulting in runs.
John