Wow, that coffee is strong!

Page 2 of 2

marc rosen wrote:

My grandmother had an aluminum pot that always sat on the woodburning kitchen stove at their farm in northern Minnesota. She would dump some grounds in, wet them down really good, boil the hell out of it and toss a spoon into the pot. If it sank, she would add more coffee.     jo4hn,     whose sphincter still clenches when I think about it.

Sounds about right. My favorite is the campfire coffee made in a porcelain coffee pot that sits at the edge of the campfire all day. When ti gets low, add more grounds and water, let it come to a boil and add some egg shell to settle the grounds and move a bit farther away from the fire. After about two days of this, you have real coffee.

You should post this to alt.coffee.......put on your flame suit first!
Gary
On 3/27/2006 10:37 AM marc rosen mumbled something about the following:

I start my morning at work with a triple espresso of Sumatra. Yes, we have those Flavia machines at work. This is after my half pot of coffee I have at the house before hoping on the motorcycle for my 1+ hr commute to work.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
marc rosen wrote:

Driving back from Arizona last summer non-stop except for gas, eats, and coffee stops, I stopped at a rest area in the middle of Texas early early early in the morning and grabbed a cup of coffee from one of the dispensers. WHEW! Kept me going clear up into Kansas someplace.
Michael, Son of George wrote:

I'll tell you, truck stop coffee has the realest coffee around. I used to drive from Texas to Michigan in 22 hours. Id get a new cup of that stuff each time I filled my gas tank. Diesel Coffee :)
--
Thank you,