Wow, Popular Magazined advises dangerous procedures

Page 3 of 5

No, go blog yourelf. If you had a brain you'd know better.
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 03:06:50 GMT, "Twayne"
You're an idiot, but then again, everyone knows that.
Blog Me! http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
WARN Nameservers on separate class C's WARNING: All of your nameservers (listed at the parent nameservers) are in the same Class C (technically, /24) address space, which means that they are probably at the same physical location. Your nameservers should be at geographically dispersed locations. You should not have all of your nameservers at the same location. RFC2182 3.1 goes into more detail about secondary nameserver location. PASS All NS IPs public OK. All of your NS records appear to use public IPs. If there were any private IPs, they would not be reachable, causing DNS delays. WARN TCP Allowed WARNING: One or more of your DNS servers does not accept TCP connections. Although rarely used, TCP connections are occasionally used instead of UDP connections. When firewalls block the TCP DNS connections, it can cause hard-to-diagnose problems. The problem servers are:
64.14.72.90: Error [Connection refused (10061)]. 64.14.72.91: Error [Connection refused (10061)].
WARN Acceptance of abuse address WARNING: One or more of your mailservers does not accept mail to snipped-for-privacy@JadeDragonOnline.com. Mailservers are expected by RFC2142 to accept mail to abuse.
mail.jadedragononline.com's abuse response:<br /> >>> RCPT
that name (#5.1.1 - chkuser) <br />
WARN SPF record Your domain does not have an SPF record. This means that spammers can easily send out E-mail that looks like it came from your domain, which can make your domain look bad (if the recipient thinks you really sent it), and can cost you money (when people complain to you, rather than the spammer). You may want to add an SPF record ASAP, as 01 Oct 2004 was the target date for domains to have SPF records in place (Hotmail, for example, started checking SPF records on 01 Oct 2004).
Using 0 day old cached answer (or, you can get fresh results). Displaying E-mail address (use sparingly -- this will make it more likely that you will trigger our rate limiting system).
=-=-=-Visit AboutUs.org for more information about JadeDragonOnline.com <a href="http://www.aboutus.org/JadeDragonOnline.com ">AboutUs: JadeDragonOnline.com</a>
Registration Service Provided By: ICDSoft.com Contact: snipped-for-privacy@icdsoft.com Visit: http://www.ICDSoft.com
Domain name: JadeDragonOnline.com
Registrant Contact:
Brian Henderson ( snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net) +1.9093072010 Fax: na 287 Alabama St. na Redlands, CA US
Administrative Contact:
Brian Henderson ( snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net) +1.9093072010 Fax: na 287 Alabama St. na Redlands, CA US
Technical Contact:
Brian Henderson ( snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net) +1.9093072010 Fax: na 287 Alabama St. na Redlands, CA US
Name Servers: ns1.hoster909.com ns2.hoster909.com
Creation date: 17 Apr 2004 00:40:56 Expiration date: 17 Apr 2008 00:40:56
64.14.72.90 PTR record: hoster909.com. [TTL 86400s] [Ad.14.72.90]
To see the reverse DNS traversal, to make sure that all DNS servers are reporting the correct results, you can Click Here.
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:47:28 GMT, "Twayne"
You are an idiot. (sixoneeight) = 618
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:47:28 GMT, "Twayne"
What an oddly descriptive addy.
Truly a noob and a wannabe noob at that. Resorting to posting the easily obtained by anyone and public whois information of a person who he's trying to flame war with, as some sort of "wonder weapon" is a sure sign of desparation and untenable position.
$100 says he speaks fluent 1337...or webtv.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

and a recent graduate from AOL. ...or maybe he didn't graduate...
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Especially since Brian H. is a frequent and respectable poster here.
Spoken from true ignorance:

Only if you email him...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Having fun asshat? Go ahead, it's not like anyone with half a clue couldn't have done the same thing.
Prick.
Blog Me! http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com

Let's see YOU name where the info came from!

Wow. You're so cool.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Leon wrote:

My hands would move away from the blades.

I think his pictures are dangerous. My hands are on the outfeed side, moving away from the cutter. I don't know how many more times I should type that my hands are moving away from the cutter, and are not over the blades.
Basic safety = the natural momentum of the motion takes the flesh towards safety, not danger.

Agreed, and I do not have so much problem with your hands on the out feed side but they are on the in feed side for a period of time.

I am in agreement with regard to face planing on the jointer. I don't want my hands anywhere near those cutters, so push pads are the answer. I do wear mechanic's gloves that have rubber gripping surfaces, but I only use gloved hands for edge jointing, not face planing. It is amazing to me how often publications illustrate unsafe shortcuts. The worst examples I see are on the DYI shows on television. On occasion they actually wear safety glasses, but I seldom see them wearing hearing protection. I saw a show recently where they are building a log home. The "Star" was helping screen in the porch. He was ripping a board on a contractor saw without the blad guard when the host approached. He looked up and was talking while ripping. I could see the board rise up and start to kick back. He just caught it in time.
Regards, Dave G.

That's why they refer to these particular shows as DYI (Do Yourself In) shows rather than DIY (Do It Yourself)! <g, d, &r>

Leon wrote:

I don't own a jointer, and I've never used one.
But this has me curious. Pulling stock through makes sense after a point. But you have to get to that point where there is some stock on the outfeed table.
I would assume that with a piece that's 4' long, you'd push from a safe distance until you have enough wood on the outfeed to be able to shift your grip and pull from there.
Would that be a correct and safe way to do it?
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

Yes

No. Your hands may be in front of the blade, but you're still pushing.

Right again Charlie. It would be safer but would be an incorrect method. You would indeed need to push from either location.