Wow, just destroyed my laptop

Page 2 of 2
On 5/18/2014 9:06 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

--
Jeff

The reason why they can compete is the fact that they sell cheaper. Selling cheaper and selling better as in the extra cost of improved quality control is an oxymoron as far as Chinese construction goes, at least as far as I can see it.

*snip*
Is he using one of the Thinkpad line or one of the others?
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 5/18/2014 11:05 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

Thinkpad.
--
Jeff

On 5/18/2014 11:29 PM, woodchucker wrote:

--
Jeff

I do like mine, one of the best laptops I've ever had. The battery is dieing, so I usually take that as a hint that it's time to look at upgrading. Knowing that other Thinkpads have had problems just adds another point in the argument to buy another battery rather than a new system.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 19 May 2014 04:54:11 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Just after that (replaced the battery) was when the fan died in my previous ThinkPad. It was never the same. It must have severely overheated before I noticed. The newer ThinkPads have much longer battery life than the older systems.