Wow, just destroyed my laptop

Sometimes it's about 30 seconds behind, sometimes immediate.

Reply to
woodchucker

On Sun, 18 May 2014 21:17:06 -0400, woodchucker

The reason why they can compete is the fact that they sell cheaper. Selling cheaper and selling better as in the extra cost of improved quality control is an oxymoron as far as Chinese construction goes, at least as far as I can see it.

Reply to
none

woodchucker wrote in news:dv2dnUUtldYz1uTOnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

*snip*

Is he using one of the Thinkpad line or one of the others?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Thinkpad.

Reply to
woodchucker

BTW he liked it, but it did have issues.

Reply to
woodchucker

woodchucker wrote in news:eJWdnZDK1uwj5-TOnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

I do like mine, one of the best laptops I've ever had. The battery is dieing, so I usually take that as a hint that it's time to look at upgrading. Knowing that other Thinkpads have had problems just adds another point in the argument to buy another battery rather than a new system.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Just after that (replaced the battery) was when the fan died in my previous ThinkPad. It was never the same. It must have severely overheated before I noticed. The newer ThinkPads have much longer battery life than the older systems.

Reply to
krw