Wow, is this safe?

Page 4 of 4
On 10/26/15 1:15 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

I would love a wide sander like that! The woodworking shows had a vendor called Stockroom Supply that sold flatness sander kits for much cheaper than an industrial model. I still may get one of those.
--

-MIKE-

On 10/26/2015 11:39 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

I often use my planer but got rid of my jointer about 5 years ago. Certainly good to have if you surface rough cut lumber but I simply did not use mine.
Flat wood. I go through the lumber that I buy to make sure I get relatively flat wood. Past that If you buy S4S lumber that is not flat a jointer is not going to do you any good either unless you are OK with less than 3/4" thick. Selling my work I find that there is simply not enough savings to mill the wood to final thickness and I go with S4S to begin with. I only use my planer if I buy S2S or need less than 3/4" thick material.