Would you make the cut?

Page 2 of 2

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:19:26 -0700, "NorthIdahoWWer"

after 20= years of woodworking with no splitter I went ahead and added one to my saw. it's not on for every cut, but I have come to appreciate it being there when it is.

Handsome is as does. It might just be a visual flaw. Run something you have good control of and see what happens.
Are you saying that this shop is not part of an IA program during the day? If there's day work going on, the splitter's probably OK. If not, time to get with the instructor and tune the machine. The folks at the wood hobby shop on base used to love it when the co-pilot and I would bring in a mess of wood to prepare, because we left the planer, jointer and bandsaw in adjustment and with sharp blades.
At school the "advanced" woods class performed most standard maintenance. I checked their work. Rather imagine that's the case where you are.
Can't you just adjust the splitter?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
Bring it to the attention of the shop teacher. It should be an easy matter to align it properly.