Would this look right?

x-no-archive:yes
I am building for my mom a self standing knive drawer with butcher clock cutting board on top. The plans in my book call for the false drawer front to be about 10 inches long and 2 and 1/4 inches wide. It does not call for it but could I cut the drawer front similar to the way you cut for a raised panel so it matches the drawers in my kitchen or is this wood not wide enough? (You know the "bevel" look on the drawer face for lack of a better term. Can you give me advice on how to set up a table saw for this? My book shows how but only for raised panel cuttign a larger piece of wood such as a door.
stryped wrote:

Is now.

1. Tilt saw blade
2. Bevel ends
3. Bevel sides
NOTE - "Bevel" means that you are not cutting through the full thickness of the wood.
--
dadiOH
____________________________
stryped wrote:

Zero clearance insert.
-- Mark
On 4/13/2006 11:04 AM stryped mumbled something about the following:

It's archived now.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
Is it better to use a table saw or router table with a bevel bit? Any idea on what angle to put the saw? dadiOH wrote:

stryped wrote:

At some point in your life - both woodworking and regular - you are going to have to make a decision all on your own. It makes little difference whether you use a saw or router (about which you did not ask) except that most router bits that bevel are 45 degrees. If that's what you want, fine; if not you can either buy a router bit with a different bevel (limited choice) or use your saw.
As far as what angle for the saw blade, that is entirely optional. WTF angle do you want? Make a decision...
--
dadiOH
____________________________

This is archived as well. You also need to learn how to trim sigs.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

I think you have asked a similar question. Check your other posts and review the answers.
On 4/13/2006 8:35 AM stryped mumbled something about the following:

It's archived now.

Why don't you start doing a little research on your own? I expect my 5 yr old grandson to ask how to do everything, but by the time he's 10, he better be doing some research on his own, not asking for every step like you do.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???