Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

Porter Cable "Bammer" What an absolute POS. Couldn't keep a gas cartridge in it because it would leak down. More often than not you'd get a weak denotation and a partially (often only slightly) driven nail. Wish I had that $300 back.

Reply to
New Wave Dave
100% Correct when it comes to Latex, and really anyone who says otherwise would have to prove it with a video...it sucks bigtime. Great for stain on shingles and decks. I had a rather good experience painting latex with a older Craftsman in the young 80's, but lent it out and just forgot about it. So I decided to get the Wagner.....the tiny piston just got to hot to quick.

I still use the wagner for outside.......just NEVER AGAIN with Latex!

Reply to
Tall Oak

All these posts and not one mentioning the 'good' old Ryobi Detail Sander.

Reply to
JKevorkian

I was so disgusted with a Wagner sprayer that I brought it back to HD without cleaning it, and demanded, and got, my money back.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

If you have a large flat area (like priming drywall in a house or painting all the ceilings one color), an 18 inch roller will really speed up the painting process.

Reply to
DamnYankee

Wait till next time. If you did not get it "factory clean" you may have different results.

Reply to
Leon

Black & Decker detail sander. Bad bad bad. All about noise and vibration and *nothing* about sanding. Total junk. POS

Porter Cable 555 biscuit joiner. The damn fence was a fight to get parallel to the cutter. I didn't toss it, I sold it and recovered about 80% of what I paid. Not completely a POS though.

The Rockler diamond coated cones for sharpening hollow mortise chisels. The coating immediately removes itself from the cone upon application to the chisel. POS.

Craftsman router bit sharpening system. A small stone to be mounted to the router, a jig attached to the bottom of the router, align the bit with the stone, turn on and move the bit over the stone. Junk. A router bit destroying shark if you can get past the idea of spinning a stone at 25,000 rpm. POS.

Craftsman jigsaw. POS All noise and vibration and very little actual cutting of wood.

Reply to
George Max

There's a mention in someone else's posting about a detail sander. And my own experience with the B&D detail sander.

Those two along with your Ryobi experience suggests that *all* detail sanders are crap.

Reply to
George Max

My detail sanders are arthritic, but definitely not crap. But they came with the package.

Markem (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

Fein?

Reply to
B A R R Y

We use a Wagner Control Spray to paint doors and have had very good results. We have sprayed over 25 doors to date.

cm

Reply to
cm

I also had an old Wagner airless sprayer with a two gallon bucket hopper on top. I sprayed several homes both interior and exterior and made thousands of dollars with it. We used it in our business for 12 years with no repairs.

Reply to
cm

My wife had their silly "power" roller when we met... IMHO, it's as bad as the sprayer as far as taking more time to clean IT than time it MIGHT save by using it..

My worst? That would be my first Harbor Fright purchase.... A set of "clamping pliers" (vise grip knockoffs) The first time that I used them for anything that required any real clamping force, the pressed threads in the handle unfolded and left the threaded bolt wobbling and loose...

Mac

mac davis

Maybe it's good. But the other manufacturers are destroying this category of tool. I won't be taking a chance. after experiencing the B&D "Mouse" and what's been written here.

Reply to
George Max

Craftsman 9" disk / 6" belt sander. The belt never did track quite straight -- even the tiniest tweak to the tracking adjustment would send the belt skidding off to one side or the other, and it took only a few seconds for it to cut completely through the *plastic* dust-collection port when it did. Plus it was noisy as hell.

Reply to
Doug Miller

LOL! I had the same nasty tool. it was complete crap. I think the only tool I ever bought from Sears that I wasn't disappointed with was my first Radial Arm Saw. That was a nice tool. Well except for that nasty planning accessory that nearly broke my fingers. I loved the 10 inch sanding disk though.

Reply to
jimmy

Craftsman router. Not only did it have the random height feature, when you twised the body to raise or lower the bit there was play in the mechanism so it didn't necessarily go straight up and down.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

sweet.

I've still got one :(

But once I got it dialed in with a dovetail cutter for 1/2" dovetails in 1/2 stock using the Craftsman dovetail jig, I've let it alone. It waits for that job.

Reply to
George Max

Kind of funny... my brother has that same machine and it's been nothing but trouble, but I bought the same machine at Harbor Fright on sale for 1/2 the cost of his Crapman WITH a stand and it's been a great work horse for almost 5 years now... You just never know what you're going to get, I guess.. Mac

mac davis

When I lived in upstate NY, there was an outfit that sold 88-cent hand tools. Thrifty me - I bought the 88-cent claw hammer that lost a claw to the first nail that I tried to pull (10d as I recall). I pulled the nail with a pair of pliars and a block of wood. Then when I tried to re-nail the piece, the handle broke about 3" from the head.

I don't think I ever returned.

Morris Dovey