Workshop stool/chair?

I have been looking for an adjustable height padded chair that is tall enough to use at the workbench and swivels and rolls. Are there work shop chairs like this? I havent seen anything in the tool catalogs.
any thoughts on where to find one?
Office supply. Some call these workbench stools or drafting stools. Put on casters as needed. I have one in my shop.
Bob AZ
trs80 wrote:

Search for "adjustable shop stool" at http://www.nextag.com .
Bob

Draftsman Chair
Dave

Saw the perfect one yesterday in Costco. Made with a motorcycle style seat and, IIRC, 5 casters. $85.00. Sat on it for a while and liked it - seemed fairly heavy duty. I'm mulling over going back to get one.
Tue, Nov 29, 2005, 8:15pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (trs80) doth query: I have been looking for an adjustable height padded chair that is tall enough to use at the workbench and swivels and rolls. Are there work shop chairs like this? I havent seen anything in the tool catalogs. any thoughts on where to find one?
Typist/office chair. Height, back, adjustable. Padded Casters. $5 used.
JOAT A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.

try this. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 333
you'd have to put casters on it to meet your specs.
jc

I stop in at the local St Vinnie's once a month or so. Just about every time, I see stools like that, in various conditions. A lot of 'em look pretty heavy-duty.
Dan

I've been using a drafting chair for over 20 years. It has height adjustment, back support, swivels, rolls around, cushioned, and has a foot rest. Of course you can make a custom (less comfortable) wooden one.
Or you could go the DIY route - Lee Valley has a piano stool mechanism and plans: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pH449&cat=1,250,43313
I intend to make the stool this winter - I have an upholsterer friend who will pad the seat for me.
Dudley
part # 4834T95 from www.mcmaster.com
Stephen R.

THANKS. that will do it