Workshop Renovation

I wanted to share with all of you who helped me so much how "my shop creation/renovation project" is coming along. A link to my updated page is below.

Basically, the first 3 photos following the design picture show that I basically "met my design". If you you have time, I included a few more photos, and commentary, to help try to make it interesting.

Regards, Bill

Reply to
Bill

Well done!

Reply to
Swingman

Progress, indeed...

Just as an aside, I'd put a kickplate on the wall under the door...

Reply to
dpb

Now its time to clutter and make it dirty? I say that since it always seems that when a new space is created, in short order, objects, wood, materials, all seem to find a home. I love the look of a new shop. Enjoy, and get those projects going. John

I wanted to share with all of you who helped me so much how "my shop creation/renovation project" is coming along. A link to my updated page is below.

Basically, the first 3 photos following the design picture show that I basically "met my design". If you you have time, I included a few more photos, and commentary, to help try to make it interesting.

Regards, Bill

Reply to
jloomis

Looks very good Bill. Try not to think about the holes you will be putting in the walls for hanging storage. :-)

Reply to
Leon

Hey, you've done some WORK!

Looks good but needs some sawdust on the floor. And spider webs in the windows :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Good Job! Makes my sloppy shop look bad, but I'll forgive you.

Reply to
G. Ross

--------------------------------------------------------------- How about that!

Miracles do happen.

Congratulations.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

The spiders prefer the corners to the windows. But I seem to have temporarily confused them.

One little helpful note. If you paint or do drywall dark in Indiana after dark, be prepared to see moths arrive by the dozens. And you pull them out only to see them re-stick themselves. That provides a good excuse to quit for the day.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

Bill,

Many congrats on a job well done. I agree with your comments on bending EMT. I had a very experienced electrician show me some tricks regarding offset bends and I thank him to this day whenever I have to make a tricky bend.

Steve

Reply to
-Steve-

Thank you, Steve.

Yes, I enjoyed my offset bend too. The first two tries I wasn't even close (and wisely-decided to re-read the directions). My best "trick" was using my eyes on the 2nd bend (instead of the markings on the bender) to get the ends to come out parallel. My 2nd best trick was using my reciprocating saw to cut the EMT quickly. And my 3rd best trick was gained from watching a YouTube video of a man showing how to really file the EMT smooth. I owe my high standards for that to him. It's a "must see" for anyone else who is going to be doing such work. If anyone would like a link, I'll track it down.

I still have light fixtures to hang, so I may get some more practice.

Cheers, Bill

Reply to
Bill

I don't know if anyone else noticed the flaw evident on the left side of the green door at about eye level evident in *two* of the pictures (and was kind enough not to point it out). I just noticed it, and confirmed with a quick check, that it was indeed a fly. : )

Reply to
Bill

Just a note fly strips are cheaper than keeping the paint wet.

Reply to
Markem

Everyone wants to get beautiful look of his house or office or workshop, Which indicate their personality...There are many ways to renovate you workshop according to latest and modern trend...Which makes your workshop more beautiful and impressive

'gold coast timber supplies'

Anderson0

Thank you very much. I appreciate the care that you took to express that. I received a lot of input from the group before I even started the design. It was suggested that it is convenient to have outlets above 48" (so to be out of the way of leaning boards). I used a board to make sure the higher electrical boxes were precisely the same height, about 50", above the ground. You are insightful. Thanks again.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I want them high in much of my shop because I want the outlets on top of the benches instead of behind them. Where there won't be benches, the outlets are at standard height.

Reply to
krw