Workshop Renovation

I wanted to share with all of you who helped me so much how "my shop creation/renovation project" is coming along. A link to my updated page is below.
Basically, the first 3 photos following the design picture show that I basically "met my design". If you you have time, I included a few more photos, and commentary, to help try to make it interesting.
http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/
Regards, Bill
On 8/18/2013 4:10 AM, Bill wrote:

Well done!
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 8/18/2013 4:10 AM, Bill wrote:

Progress, indeed...
Just as an aside, I'd put a kickplate on the wall under the door...

Now its time to clutter and make it dirty? I say that since it always seems that when a new space is created, in short order, objects, wood, materials, all seem to find a home. I love the look of a new shop. Enjoy, and get those projects going. John
"Bill" wrote in message
I wanted to share with all of you who helped me so much how "my shop creation/renovation project" is coming along. A link to my updated page is below.
Basically, the first 3 photos following the design picture show that I basically "met my design". If you you have time, I included a few more photos, and commentary, to help try to make it interesting.
http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/
Regards, Bill

Looks very good Bill. Try not to think about the holes you will be putting in the walls for hanging storage. :-)

Hey, you've done some WORK!
Looks good but needs some sawdust on the floor. And spider webs in the windows :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

The spiders prefer the corners to the windows. But I seem to have temporarily confused them.
One little helpful note. If you paint or do drywall dark in Indiana after dark, be prepared to see moths arrive by the dozens. And you pull them out only to see them re-stick themselves. That provides a good excuse to quit for the day.
Bill
Bill wrote:

Good Job! Makes my sloppy shop look bad, but I'll forgive you.
--
 GW Ross

 Creditors have much better memories
"Bill" wrote:

How about that!
Miracles do happen.
Congratulations.
Lew
Everyone wants to get beautiful look of his house or office or workshop, Which indicate their personality...There are many ways to renovate you workshop according to latest and modern trend...Which makes your workshop more beautiful and impressive
'gold coast timber supplies' (http://qualitytimber.com.au /)
--
Anderson0

Anderson0 wrote:

that. I received a lot of input from the group before I even started the design. It was suggested that it is convenient to have outlets above 48" (so to be out of the way of leaning boards). I used a board to make sure the higher electrical boxes were precisely the same height, about 50", above the ground. You are insightful. Thanks again.
Bill

I want them high in much of my shop because I want the outlets on top of the benches instead of behind them. Where there won't be benches, the outlets are at standard height.

Bill,
Many congrats on a job well done. I agree with your comments on bending EMT. I had a very experienced electrician show me some tricks regarding offset bends and I thank him to this day whenever I have to make a tricky bend.
Steve
-Steve- wrote:

Thank you, Steve.
Yes, I enjoyed my offset bend too. The first two tries I wasn't even close (and wisely-decided to re-read the directions). My best "trick" was using my eyes on the 2nd bend (instead of the markings on the bender) to get the ends to come out parallel. My 2nd best trick was using my reciprocating saw to cut the EMT quickly. And my 3rd best trick was gained from watching a YouTube video of a man showing how to really file the EMT smooth. I owe my high standards for that to him. It's a "must see" for anyone else who is going to be doing such work. If anyone would like a link, I'll track it down.
I still have light fixtures to hang, so I may get some more practice.
Cheers, Bill
Bill wrote:

I don't know if anyone else noticed the flaw evident on the left side of the green door at about eye level evident in *two* of the pictures (and was kind enough not to point it out). I just noticed it, and confirmed with a quick check, that it was indeed a fly. : )

Just a note fly strips are cheaper than keeping the paint wet.