Workshop layout plans.

Good morning all,
Could anyone steer me towards a site with any ideas on workshop layout? I would like to get a few ideas before committing myself to an uneducated decision!
Thanks in advance,
Paul
Check out Grizzly.com

Will do Scott - many thanks.
Regards,
Paul

S.A. Airborne wrote:

Specifically... http://images.grizzly.com/shopplanner/resources/shopplanner.cfm
--
dadiOH
____________________________

The grizzly site mentioned has a shop layout utility that will let you choose and move items around, but it doesn't have any ideas that I've found.
One site that may help, although there are precious few dimensions and no layout diagrams that I recall, is shoptours.org There are over 100 photographic shop tours of various woodworkers and you can get some ideas from the pictures.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

I had forgotten about the badger pond website. I lost track of them. It is good to see those shop tours and others have found a new home.
Thanks for the update and referral. It is appreciated. I am going to have some real fun with these shop tours. I love this sort of thing.
Great, let me give that site a bash.
Thanks for the reply,
Regards,
Paul

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 07:24:38 +0200, "S.A. Airborne" <S.A. @ airborne.com> wrote:>Good morning all,

Initially install lots of outlets, and several 240v outlets. This will save you frustrations in the future. Table saws typically go in the middle so you can feed and take up a full sheet of plywood. Place the jointer nearby the table saw. Allow for some movement of the equipment until you realize the best location. I did quite a bit of equipment movement until my last large piece of equipment (a 12 foot lathe) found a home. Dust collection, at least stationary piping, will come last. Think about wood storage.