Workshop layout plans.

Good morning all,

Could anyone steer me towards a site with any ideas on workshop layout? I would like to get a few ideas before committing myself to an uneducated decision!

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Reply to
S.A. Airborne

Check out Grizzly.com

Reply to
Scott

The grizzly site mentioned has a shop layout utility that will let you choose and move items around, but it doesn't have any ideas that I've found.

One site that may help, although there are precious few dimensions and no layout diagrams that I recall, is shoptours.org There are over 100 photographic shop tours of various woodworkers and you can get some ideas from the pictures.

Reply to
LRod

Will do Scott - many thanks.

Regards,

Paul

Reply to
S.A. Airborne

"LRod" wrote

I had forgotten about the badger pond website. I lost track of them. It is good to see those shop tours and others have found a new home.

Thanks for the update and referral. It is appreciated. I am going to have some real fun with these shop tours. I love this sort of thing.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Great, let me give that site a bash.

Thanks for the reply,

Regards,

Paul

Reply to
S.A. Airborne

Specifically...

dadiOH

Initially install lots of outlets, and several 240v outlets. This will save you frustrations in the future. Table saws typically go in the middle so you can feed and take up a full sheet of plywood. Place the jointer nearby the table saw. Allow for some movement of the equipment until you realize the best location. I did quite a bit of equipment movement until my last large piece of equipment (a 12 foot lathe) found a home. Dust collection, at least stationary piping, will come last. Think about wood storage.

Reply to
Phisherman