Workshop Ideas

I just wanted to share with you all the work I am doing to improve my woodshop and would love some input and new ideas to make it better.
http://users.eastlink.ca/~brownscountry /
Browns Country Woodworking

What the hell are all those tools doing in all those little places? How do you stack stuff on them like that?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Personally, it would drive me crazy to have everything on wheels. Nice downdraft table--my DD table uses three furnace filters and clears the air in less than an hour. Put some thumbnails on the page to help us 56K people. I like green too.
So, is this why them there Canuks are called greenies? ;-)

Your prices are too LOW for the quality of your work.
The pieces for sale are not new pieces they are used.

Browns Country Woodworking wrote:

Looks efficient - everything in it's place. Probably not a good idea to have the sander propped up on its toe - it'll compress the pad at that point if it's left like that when stored.
Browns Country Woodworking wrote:

Now that I like to see. A real workshop with limited space and green painted plywood fixtures. Tools stuffed into cubby holes. Functional and Inspiring.
--
Thank you,

Browns Country Woodworking wrote:

Great set-up, I'd love to have a storage system like that, but can't seem to get the bloody tools trained to go back where they came from ;)
Regards John

Well after 40 plus years of woodworking you lean....Took me about 20 of those years to grab a tool.... use the tool....then .....PUT THE DAMN TOOL AWAY...
5 of my 1st 20 years I swear were spent...LOOKING for a tool... only 30 days of my last 20 years was wasted this way... ...really makes things much easier knowing exactly where that one screwdriver is..or where your compass is..or where your french curves are etc..
HOWEVER... I am NOT a fan of cubicals, or pegboard ! I do not liike to see any small tools when I walk into the shop... ( to be honest I still do see a good number on mine...BUT most are in drawers etc...)
I like them in drawers, behind doors, etc...for a clean look ...
I really liked the paint ...and this comes from a guy who likes natrual finishes on cabinets etc... no metal fixtures in a Woodshop unless I absolutely have to have one... its a wood shop...
Bob G.

You need to make it messier. The messier the better. So messy that you can drop your tape measure and not find it and have to go buy another one even though you probably already have 37 tape measures. Mess means work is getting done. At least thats what I tell myself.
Do you really want have to haul out the drill press from down there every time you need to use it?
--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos
Your right and in futuer biuld I plan to make a station for just drilling and it will be mounted on another unit on wheels. Have you got any good ideas or setups that work well thjen lets see them.

Browns Country Woodworking (in w0oJf.3587$jh5.1019@edtnps84) said:
| Your right and in futuer biuld I plan to make a station for just | drilling and it will be mounted on another unit on wheels. Have you | got any good ideas or setups that work well thjen lets see them.
Hokay. Follow the link below to a drill press accessory that's working well for me. You might want to allow space for this when you put yours on wheels.
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/DP_Table.html
Morris Dovey wrote:

Looks nice. How does it fasten to the drill press stage?
er
--
email not valid

Enoch Root (in snipped-for-privacy@forethought.net) said:
| Morris Dovey wrote: || Browns Country Woodworking (in w0oJf.3587$jh5.1019@edtnps84) said: || ||| Your right and in futuer biuld I plan to make a station for just ||| drilling and it will be mounted on another unit on wheels. Have ||| you got any good ideas or setups that work well thjen lets see ||| them. || || Hokay. Follow the link below to a drill press accessory that's || working well for me. You might want to allow space for this when || you put yours on wheels. | | Looks nice. How does it fasten to the drill press stage?
3/8"-16 x 1-1/2" s/s button head cap screw, 2 s/s washers, and a s/s nyloc nut - in four places (shown in 2nd photo).
Fri, Feb 17, 2006, 1:06am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@eastlink.ca (BrownsCountryWoodworking) doth asketh for it: <snip> would love some input and new ideas to make it better.<snip>
Don't paint anything green. Bright yellow is my color preference, but any light color would help. The dark colors suck up light, and are depressing.
JOAT IThere is no vaccine against stupidity!

You like working with green wood, eh? :) In my opinion a few thin lines of light coloured paint might improve the scheme a bit.
Consider adding long French cleats to your walls so you get some degree of flexibility as to where you can position the wall mounted cabinets.
- Owen -