Working with wenge

I'm making a 6X4 box out of wenge and yew. I'm using wenge for the first time and, to put it simply, what a bitch. Unless I got ahold of a length of stock that had been badly cured, this stuff seems to have a very low moisture content which makes it "splintery" to the point where you almost need gloves to handle it. If you saw it and then wipe your shirt to get the bits off you find little slivers in your hand. And so far it hasn't done any of my cutting tools any favors. I think it will end up beautiful but I'm not certain I'll use it again.
FoggyTown
I'm making a 6X4 box out of wenge and yew. I'm using wenge for the first time and, to put it simply, what a bitch. Unless I got ahold of a length of stock that had been badly cured, this stuff seems to have a very low moisture content which makes it "splintery" to the point where you almost need gloves to handle it. If you saw it and then wipe your shirt to get the bits off you find little slivers in your hand. And so far it hasn't done any of my cutting tools any favors. I think it will end up beautiful but I'm not certain I'll use it again.
FoggyTown

Sounds just like Winge to me. Yes it is splintery when fresh cut. And yes it comes out very dark and beautiful.