WORKING TIPS FOR NEW WOODWORKERS 1

Page 4 of 5
You mean you don't have wooden wheels on your car <G>

tool
may
and
know
find,
regulars
This
end
cheaper
by
On 20 Dec 2003 07:29:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rm.incc.net (Richard Cook) wrote:

They work great for driving lag bolts.
--
John, in Minnesota

On 20 Dec 2003 07:29:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rm.incc.net (Richard Cook) wrote:

ackshooly, I have heard (tho not tried it out myself) that those things can eliminate camout when driving phillips head screws. I have a dedicated screwdriver, more like the air tool described in the OP's OP.
    Bridger

<snip>
Umm, with that table saw, the best way to use it is to jack up the arbor nut, and slide a $100 used 1970's Craftsman contractor's saw under it.
Then replace the arbor nut with the one that came on the Craftsman ;)
Self Proclaimed Expert Woodworker wrote:

snip of resume and odd choices.
How come I feel like Bob Vila just branched out to the NG? Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

I can't explain it, but sometimes I actually enjoy responding to a troll for a while. Today is obviously one of those days! <G>
Barry
Swingman wrote:

You might just be right. Xnews, munged addy, overlooking the last line of my reply about providing a sig line that works. And he pushed all the right buttons.... Sounds a lot like an inside job. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

into

Thank you, John. Enjoy your holidays too.

Yeah, I was wandering through this thread and it came to me: "If you do just a little research first, and really sit down and THINK about the best way to troll a group you can really come up with a winner."
Dan

Say what you will. I was only trying to be helpful to beginners on a budget based on a recent purchase that I was unexpectedly satisfied with.

budget
All right, say you are given the benefit of the doubt, which is unlikely to happen now, To pick just one item of your list of the ridiculous, how would you justify recommending a 5 pound, 1/2" chuck, hammer drill as a suitable tool for a newbie. In the week or two I've been woodworking I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I needed a half inch chuck. I have never ever needed a hammer drill, nor would I want to be horsing around one that weighed five pounds while I was trying put in some pocket screws. True it sure would sink them home and then some but having the screws sticking out of the other side of the boards isn't all that pretty. I'd have to check to be sure of the price but I believe that the HF catalog has 12 V cordless drills at a comparable price and they have clutches in them too boot which is sufficient for a beginner on a budget and far more practical.
I'll give you a break and not even ask about the pneumatic screwdriver.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Well said Dave.
Bob S.

snipped-for-privacy@woodworkPROnoSPAM.net says...

... snip of low-end tool selection

Guess it depends upon the barrel you're looking in.

as a boat anchor

David,
    Is that you playing with us? Or UA100? If so, good troll!
Mark & Juanita asks:

I'm more and more of the opinion that this has the look, scent, feel of D. Eisan, Esquire (that's an old title, back before the lawyers stole it).
Charlie Self

I have seen a saw quite similar to this one and found that the table was not flat and the parallel guide mounting prone to yield under the lightest of efforts. This makes this saw a rather dangerous tool. You may want to check on that, because you do not want your son to be injured.
<snip>
I am impressed "Expert Woodworker". While your woodworking is highly suspect you are second to none in your trolling ability. Any of the trolls posting the obvious, easy to filter type profanity trolls could take a lesson from you. This post has gotten lots of responses from regulars who have wasted their time disputing you.
Congratulations on a job well done. Now into the twit filter you go.
Frank

Hey Frank remember The_ADZE and Cosmo Lengro and his brother Mongo?
Heh Heh Heh. Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd /