Working on a gloat

Tonight I brought home 48 board feet of rough cut pine. It was used for storage in some home made shelves and now is just sitting in an unused part of the building. I know it is dry because it has been in place for 10 or 15 years. .

Boards are 11 1/2" wide, 42" between the places they were nailed. Some pieces have a few knots, others are almost clear.

I estimate there is about 900 board feet.

Did I mention the price? Of course not, there is no price, just my time to take it away.

First project is drawers for under my workbench.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi Ed,

What a great find - and the price is right! Perfect for drawers.

Oh yeah..here's a lollipop, 'cause you suk!

O-- (orange)

;-)

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Fri, Feb 18, 2005, 1:52am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net (Edwin=A0Pawlowski) says some stuff I snipped:

I'm gonna have to stop just glancing at the screen, and take time to actually read subject lines. I'd have sworn that said you're working on a goat. Uh, you're not, are you?

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

I'm gonna have to stop just glancing at the screen, and take time to actually read subject lines. I'd have sworn that said you're working on a goat. Uh, you're not, are you?

No, still prefer women.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Fri, Feb 18, 2005, 4:16am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net (Edwin=A0Pawlowski) claims: No, still prefer women.

Ah. Good, we were starting to worry.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:52:52 -0700, Edwin Pawlowski wrote (in article ):

I had a score like that a few years ago. They were tearing down an old building on campus a while back. Basically a metal shell filled with a first floor of storage shelves toped by a second floor of offices. The second floor was entirely 2x12's. The first floor shelves were all 16" 1x stock. Perfectly clear, all dead flat, and growth rings less that 1mm apart. Beautiful stuff! I only wish I had a way to haul more than the few hundred bf. I managed to snag.

Old wood is cool, free old wood is cooler!

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

I built a couple of chest of drawers and added casters to the entire chests so they slide right under my workbenchs... HOWEVER I only made the draws hence the chests about 18 inches deep because I have the nack of loosing things in the back of drawers...Plus I can store things like jigs etc behind the chests under the workbench...

When I was a young College student I worked in a Drug store where they were remodeling and the Pharmacist was a woodworker who "removed" at least 5000 BF of walnut ...At that time I though he was absolutely wacko....

DAMN was I ever in need of an education...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G