Workbench Size?

Page 2 of 2
Dont forget to add a bit of overhang for attaching clamps.

huge?
and
On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:43:04 -0400, "Scott snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

Mine is exactly 30x60 The tops are held in place by weight and 6 dowels that drop into holes on the benchtop. The desk tops just drop on the dowels.

Darin wrote:

I wouldn't feel comfortable at all with power tools right next to the workbench (jointer, table saw).
One, they might get in the way; and two, they reduce a little bit the sense of safety I would need to work comfortably.
Why not placing those closer to the wood storage and leave more empty room around the workbench?
Carlos
On Sat, 22 May 2004 17:30:35 -0400, Carlos Moreno

what works for me:
table saw dead center in the room, with a 4x8 outfeed/assembly table behind it.
other stationary machines and wood storage against the walls. this fills up all of the wall space, including the inside of the garage door.
rolling carts for material staging/ transport from machine to machine.
this leaves a fairly large area of open floor in front of the table saw, which is at times pretty useful.