Workbench Plans

Hi, Been lurking here for a couple of weeks and have found the posts most interesting and helpful.
I am planning on doing some "not too expensive" cabinets for my garage and find that I am in need of a simple but sturdy workbench. Is/are there some websites where I can download "free" plans for workbenches? I will eventually buy a circular table saw and will be building a wheeled table for the saw.
Any help will be appreciated.
Ray Austin, TX ==

<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/search ? group=rec.woodworking&q=workbench+plans>
JP

This sounds like what your looking for...
http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/workshop/bench/below20.html
Looks ok except I would use 2x8 bolted together for a top. I did mine by connecting them with threaded rod. My base is 4x4s and 2x6s I want a work bench that I can work hard on and that will tale a lot of abuse. I put mine in the basement with the idea that in the event of a tornado I could get under something that could hold a house on it, I believe it would My prior bench was cheesy and bounced all over the place when you worked on

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:

Landis. Several plans from simply to "holy smokes!" and lots of valuable info on building, vises, dogs, etc. Go to http://www.alibris.com/search/ for good prices on used ones.     buena suerte,     jo4hn

I'll give a hearty second to that recommendation! Excellent book. Andy

I checked that book out from my library and it was interesting--but seemed to be directed at seasoned woodworkers. I bought a book today called, "Build Your Own Custom Workbench" by Mark Corke, which seems to be aimed at those of us with more modest needs. It is available at amazon.com at a very low price. Lots of pictures and several different benches and some other projects (like a grinding bench/table). I love this site..I think this is my first post.
-Bill
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
> I am planning on doing some "not too expensive" cabinets for my garage > and find that I am in need of a simple but sturdy workbench. Is/are > there some websites where I can download "free" plans for > workbenches?
Plans and advice, like everything else, are usually worth what you pay for them.
That said, take a look at the NYW site.
Norm did a couple of shows on converting a garage into a shop while still being able to coexist with a car.
Lew
Many thanks to all that replied to my request. I will consider all and decide on the most convenient and cost effective (one of my old habits from my auditing days).
Many thanks,
Ray Austin, TX ==