workbench finish - again

I just completed the top of my workbench, which is recycled red oak flooring. Yes, it milling was a pain but it is fery sturdy, flat, and gorgeous. Anyway, any suggestions on what to finish it with in terms of was, oil, etc.? Thanks..

I use tung oil on my hard-maple bench. When the top starts looking banged up I sand it down and reapply the finish - it's easy and the bench looks brand new.
I used pure tung oil. Don't think the maple soaked up very much. I like it.
On 25 Aug 2003 12:21:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@johnsonwindowfilms.com (Rossmoor Don) wrote:

Oil is the best for a bench - you need the easy annual refinishing ability.
Wax on top if it's a hardboard wear layer, or you're going to do a lot of glue-ups. Otherwise avoid the wax, because it makes future re-oiling awkward.
One of the best tips I have read in a long time.

This was just published in the "250 Shop Tips" book I got shrink wrapped with a "Woodworker's Journal" issue.
I do the same with builder's paper, similar to the roll-ou paper covers at a doctor's office.
Barry