Workbench bargain at Costco

I just posted this information on my workbench design website. Looks to be a solid workbench for not too much money. Note that this bench is not available via Costco's website. You'll have to visit your local store to see if they carry them.

what you can find at Costco. They've had very inexpensive, lightweight and poorly made benches in the past. Not what most woodworkers would consider adequate for serious work. In wandering through a Seattle store today, I found they have a very solid laminated maple workbench. Two inch thick top with heavy steel legs and six foot in length it looks like it might just do the job. No vises, but at $185 for the bench you could add a nice metal one. Note that being Costco, these might not be in every store or be available for long. If you're short on budget or need an extra bench it's something to consider.

Tim

Reply to
timcel