Work bench vise

"Leon" wrote

I just use 3/4' bolts for my bench dogs. I cut off the threaded part. If there might be a problem with marking the wood, I just use some waste wood for a spacer on the bolt. What gave me the idea was an oldtimer who used to lose his bench dogs in all the shavings, etc. So he went to the steel bolts and a big magnet to fish the bench dogs out of the mess.

Not that I am messy or anything...

Reply to
Lee Michaels

;~) My biggest fear with a steel dog is a router but coming in contact with it.

Reply to
Leon

Got a ShopNotes with a pretty good work bench plan in it that is notable not so much for the bench itself, but a section with an excellent treatise on mounting bench vices, complete with complete drawings.

Remind me next time you're over and it's yours if you want it.

Reply to
Swingman