Work bench gloat

Went to an auction saturday. Lots of mostly older stuff (woodworking tools and a lot of KATY RR collectables). I did pick up 10 pipe clamps for a song, but the catch of the day was the table the RR stuff was on. For a mere $5 I got a solid OAK conference table 4' wide and 10 (yes ten) feet long! Took 4 of us to walk it on to my trailer. Now, to build a base......
--
Steve Barker

Sounds like a great fine to me. Congrats. My workbench is 4'x8". I used 4x6 posts at the corners and made it so that it has two shelves of 3/4" plywood. One shelf is where I have a bunch of plastic storage totes. The other shelf is where I store excess lumber. So most of my wood is actually under my workbench.
Enjoy your new top.
Rob
On Sunday, September 30, 2012 11:40:23 PM UTC-5, rlz wrote:
Sonny