Word of mouth

Page 2 of 2

ROTFL!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Since it seems like everyone agrees that property values have dropped precipitously in the last months, I am happily awaiting my rebate check on taxes paid on an over-valued property...
...waiting...
...still waiting...
Regards,

True, but there is a flaw. Since many people don't understand how it works, they assume that re-valuation means a tax increase. The local government budget committee assures that your expectations are met, needed or not.

The knotty cedar I used was close to $2 a foot for the 2x6 eight foot stuff. I briefly consider clear cedar with no knots until I learned that it was three times the price. Didn't even bother to ask the price on redwood, much less finding a local place that sold it. Either someone is making a gouging profit on all our wood or there's dozens of outfits handling it, each adding their mark-up before it hits the consumer store for little guys like me.