"Woodworking Women"

Page 1 of 3
While checking the mag rack in Kroger today I saw one called "Woodworking Women". The premier issue. I glanced through it hoping to find something interesting. Oh well, it was mainly crafty type stuff. I wish 'em luck.....
I saw that. Not much to it. Apparently they don't think women do anything but crafty type stuff. Wrong!

MCP's! AMAP's!
Leslie
--
She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.
The legs aren't too bad either!
Leslie G wrote:

AMAP?
--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA
She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.
The legs aren't too bad either!
Leslie G wrote:

Sorry - I didn't ask my question well. What is AMAP an acronym for (if that's what it is)?
--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA

for that matter, wtf does MCP stand for?
Bridger wrote:

MCP = "Male Chauvinist Pig"
A label applied to males by females after the male has delivered a neener.
--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA

Male Chauvinist Pig
I'm guessing AMAP means All Men Are Pigs.
Doug Miller wrote:

Always glad to meet and exceed specifications:
What would she know? She's just a /girl/.
--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA

I thought it was Microsoft Certified Professional. <G>
Barry

Master Control Program (remember Tron?)
Also the name of the operating system on Burroughs (now Unisys) mainframes.
scott
Leslie G wrote:

PURPLE?
UA100
UnisawA100 responds:

Right on the money!
Charlie Self "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin - it's the triumphant twang of a bedspring." S. J. Perelman
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:05:01 +0000, Leslie G wrote:

Yabbut, you're the one advertising the legs ;-)
--
-Doug

I'm waiting for the pics in abpw! ;-)
Leslie G wrote:

I'm sorry, the original post was supportive of women. I wouldn't have commented except that you changed your sig. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Charley wrote:

Don't recall which recent WWing magazine had about half of the main articles done by women - one on finishing, another on building a beautiful sideboard with inlayed vine and floral patterns (a collaborative effort - one did the "furniture" and the other the "enhancements"), another on routers.
If you've been to www.shopdemos.com you'll notice that many of the projects using new tools, jigs and fixtures are done by a young woman - and she's damn good.
Another recent WWing mag had almost all black males in the photos.
Eventually, we'll get to a place were the piece, and what it took to make it, will be what's noticed and not what the person who made it looks like , where that person came from or how old or young the person is. The more people woodworking and sharing what they've learned - the better.
rant mode off
charlie b

Damn straight, Charlie. The rest of the jamokes 'roun' here can rave all they want about Robin on "Hometime", but those who know, know.
Beth rules. Period.
Michael (Robin who?)