Woodworking with Arthritis

Well, grain free, huh? My wife has celiac disease and of course for me most grains are full of phosphorus or potassium and having renal failure, I have to stay away from these foods. The "lack of" these foods has not decreased any pain. I go to bed with it and I wake up with it. I tried celebrex when it was new. It did nothing and I was put back on voltaran. I've tried aleve without help. My best so far is a controlled drug.

If you can get relief from celebrex, aleve, glucosamine chondroitin or a number of other arthritis drugs, then you're not really hurting yet. The controlled drug I take doesn't relieve my arthritis, it only makes the pain less severe, SOMETIMES!!!!!

Reply to
Joe "Woody" Woodpecker

Sorry to hear staying grain-free hasn't helped. Like I said, one you got it, it's a bit late for prevention. For me, I think I have at least postponed the problem, for a couple of decades, I hope. Losing

100 lbs didn't hurt it any, either.

The renal failure probably isn't helping you any. That would make it a lot harder to eat the low-carb diet I currently follow. The best that can be hoped for is some more effective treatment soon.

-- Howard

Reply to
Howard