Woodworking videos on iPods

Just wondering, if there is any interest in having woodworking videos on iPods and similar devices. Perfect for the shop - small, light and portable. I know some folks have TVs in the shop but is for entertainment or for instruction?
Interested in comments. I'm doing some "back of the envelope" market analysis for myself. So any comments are appreciated.
MJ Wallace
You need to see details on woodworking videos -- a tiny screen isn't good for instruction.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Plus you would be missing a big, important detail about woodworking demographics.
That most of us are "visually challenged".
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:36:12 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

I would add something else to this reality... How many of those "visually challenge" folks have an iPod? They probably don't even know what it is.
Sorry but this idea is good for garbage.
Think harder!
Greg D.
Also, I'm not sure I'd want a sensitive $400 piece of electronics in my shop, which is filled with spinning metal bits, sharp edges, precarious drops, hard floors, and sawdust everywhere.
It's an interesting concept, but I'm not sure how practical it would be,
Greg D. wrote:

OMG, I think I'm a geek myself, but I didn't know an iPod could play video! I think that means I don't know what one is.
er
--
email not valid

"Enoch Root" wrote in message

My 83 year old mother has one of the video models ... but that's OK, cuz it forced her to recently upgrade from Windows 3.11 For Workgroups and get a new computer.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
Swingman wrote:

Ooh, they work with Linux?
er
--
email not valid

That's a fact.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

view the screen of the new video iPod for woodworking projects or even DH.
Dave
Thanks much to all who posted. Without out something to actually show people, I'd guess most here are not enthusiastic about the idea of a portable video player in the workshop.
Appreciate the comments tho, again thanks!
To answer one question: people have provided hacks for using iPods with Linux. Tho, Apple has yet to provide an iTunes for Linux which would be so much easier!
MJ Wallace
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I heard of an iTunes workalike for Linux just the other day...
It was on sourceforge, I think. A quick look shows:
1. Allows you to share audio files with iTunes users on MSWxx & Mac:
    http://www.mt-daapd.org /
2. Allows synchronizing your iPod w/your (linux) computer (and other stuff):
    http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html
3. Same thing, platform independent (java) app:
    http://mypod.sourceforge.net /
4. Some think their iPod is more useful if it is _running_ linux?!:
    http://ipodlinux.org/Main_Page
heh.
er
--