Woodworking Toos for Sale

Need to sell some hardly used machines . Have to clear out room and start getting ready to move within next 3 years. For now I am selling a Sears 10 inch Radial arm saw for $175 and a Reliant 6" Jointer for $100 Both are in perfect working order and hardly used. located in Nothern NJ Morristown area. You can get more info and see pics here

dteckie

only worth $100-125. I just bought an unused current model RAS for $150!

Reply to
Toller

Unless you can tell us where we can all pick one up for that, your exceptional deal might not reflect the market in general.

Toller wrote:

Reply to
Mike Berger

I go to about a dozen auctions a year. Most of them have RAS in pretty good condition, and they normally sell for about $70. I would take that as the market price. So, I don't think my purchase even qualified as a gloat, since ones in pretty good condition are available for half that price.

The gloat is that the same guy sold me an unused 2hp canister DC and a little Jet DC for $300. I sold the Jet for $150. Now that's an exceptional deal.

Reply to
Toller

...and probably well worth the price.

Reply to
Guess who

Actually I have used it a lot and love it. Don't know what it will do in 5 years, but for now...

Reply to
Toller

Update ! Jointer is sold . Had a fulll time job handling all the interset and setting up schedule for people to check tools out. Fortunately first person who actually showed up took the Jointer all others who made appt and never showed up PFFFFT!!!!!! very incosiderate.

The RAS is still for sale . I hear your comments on the price but I believe I paid $499 new and cost more than than the Jointer by $200 and definately more versatile. It's in perfect working condition . I don't think I used it more than 10 times probably closer to 5- 6 times. It was convenient for cutting dadoes all other cutting made on Table saw. If I had to do do it all over again if the market price for a used RAS is 100 - 150 would get a used one for sure.

BTW the one person who asked where one may pick tools up I believe in carigslist has the town and state also is mentioned as well as my post here.

Reply to
dteckie