Woodworking Tools 1600-1900

That's interesting. I like viewing and/or reading of older tools and techniques.

Reminded me of my recent more good fortune, re: drill bits: Two years ago, a elderly friend, Jay, gave me her BIL's woodshop (he passed away and no one wanted his stuff). The cache included ca. 1950s table saws (free standing 10" and bench 8"), shaper, drill press, lathe, vise, an assortment of cabinets and a shed of lumber (walnut, mahogany, cherry, white oak - total 4000 or more bd ft). Two weeks ago, Jay called to inform me there were more tools (they were inside the home, not in the shop), that no one in her family wanted. She asked if I would take them. Included in this cache were misc. hand tools, a Rockwell router, B&D circular saw, #6 Stanley plane, several drills (electric and brace) and a nice assortment of (mostly) Irwin bits, reamers and the like:

Sonny

basilisk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net:

Thanks! I downloaded the Kindle version (I use PC and iPhone apps, no real Kindle yet!).

Reply to
Han

Gutenberg has a lot of woodworking related books.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

the tornado hits? You SUCK, bigtime, after those two gimmes! Congrats.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks for that link, I bought a heap of old tools at a garage sale at the weekend and it is always very interesting to see what the oldies had to work with

Reply to
George W Frost

Thanks for the link I would love to get hold of a few of the adjustable wood bits

Reply to
George W Frost