woodworking tool

I'm looking at Foredom hand grinders for small delicate wood carving. The one with the drive cable and small handpiece. I have also seen others. I want a high quality long lasting unit.
Any advice on brand names? Features to get/stay away from?
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–
Become a Foredom "dealer" and save 40% Tom

Add pictures here
βœ–

Go pneumatic if you can afford it, Those turbine-power jobs whisk the wood away rather than hack and bounce.
Add pictures here
βœ–
George wrote:

Be sure to have plenty of cfm. My 30 gallon sears unit gets hotter than hell when I run a die grinder. Every other air powered tool I've got (except for the 2 drills) use a small fraction of the volume of air needed for the grinder.
Dave
Add pictures here
βœ–

David, I could be mistaken, but I believe George is referring to the high-speed (350k - 500k rpm) dental air grinders. They retail about $300 to $500 - gee, what's that, about $1/1000 rpm? These need about 1-2cfm at 45psi.
To name a couple: <http://www.turbocarver.com/ <http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd ¬tion&key9- 0100>
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company