Woodworking teaching gig redux

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:06:13 -0600, the inscrutable Patriarch spake:

Like a nice little fuel-injected Ford 302 V-8? Cool.

I sure question her taste. (No, I meant on the bug.)

Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques responds:

I got to work on one a whole lot. Dad had the AH 100-4 and raced it in gymkhanas and autocrosses when I was a wee lad. I even learned how to tune spoke wheels before I was 10. A restored '54 is now worth over $150k.

I wantd the 3000, too, but...I just got back from a car show. Any idea how much an absolutely CHERRY 1957 Chev Bel Air hardtop is worth these days? Never been restored, factory paint, the only replacements have been tires. It has been driven about 1035 miles since 1969, and very little before that. My first new car was a '57 Chev convertible, and it was in rougher shape after a month than this one is after nearly 50 years.

Met another guy who claims to have a '63 up on stands in his garage. He bought it, drove it home, and now runs it monthly, on stands, shifting through the gears to keep it limber.

Reply to
Charlie Self