Woodworking teaching gig redux

Page 2 of 2

<snip>

I never thought of either of my father's brothers as over educated, when it came to school education. But both of them were really talented finish carpenters, who knew how to use _every_ tool in the box, in ways I still haven't figured out.
One of the most productive series of learning events that I had as a youth was a tremendous amount of volunteer labor opportunity, working with my dad, and literally dozens of skilled tradespeople on church and community projects. The lessons taught, about what we were really capable of, were some of the most valuable of that time.
Certainly made some of the academic lessons seem more important.
Enjoy this, John. Teach them like you care who they can become.
Patriarch, wondering how kids with a limited understanding of math are going to take to a CNC machine. It should be a great incentive.
John Moorhead wrote:

It all sounds pretty exciting! My web site has some ShopBot info (with lotsa pictures) that you may find helpful; and if I can be of help to you, you're invited to e-mail me directly.
The ShopBot forum at http://www.talkshopbot.com has pictures of a few student projects and discussion threads about 'Bots in educational settings. Please feel welcome to join the forum.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar