Woodworking Teacher(s)

I am a high school woodworking teacher in New Hampshire who founded the New England Association of Woodworking Teachers in 2001. The purpose of NEAWT is to promote and recognize woodworking programs, develop partnerships, and provide a vehicle for discussing curriculum, resources, and professional development. We currently have about 90 members from middle schools, high schools, colleges, adult education programs and industry.

Our group has received some excellent publicity and has developed some very exciting partnerships. At this time, we are looking for a similar group or for woodworking teachers who might be interested in starting a group like this in their city, county, state or region. If you are a woodworking teacher or know of one, please contact me via email.

Reply to
Jack Grube

Well done, Jack. It's good to know that there are still parts of the country where yuppie puppies are allowed to be around spinning blades.

Reply to
Swingman

In most of the rural schools they always were allowed to be around spinning blades (western Ma., most of Me. all of NH, Vt. except for Burlington and none of CT.(except maybe far away from the 91-95 corridor)). It is doing a disservice to the youth of those areas to refer to them as "yuppie puppies". The youth of today (or anyday) are a product of their upbringing, environment etc. Hard to make a strong person out of someone who must wash his/her hands with anti-bacterial soap before he/she pees. Not the kids idea. Shop programs in the schools have really declined, both male and female oriented programs. I guess it's a money thing, but it bothers me when school systems like Boston, NYC, Washington DC, Baltimore, many other large cities, have more administrators than teachers. Off the rant... Hank

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre