Woodworking Stores To Visit ?

Am leaving Syracuse NY and driving to Fort Lauderdale FL via I 81 & I

  1. Will be going through Harrisburg PA, Richmond VA, Savannah GA, and Jacksonville FL. Would welcome any suggestions of woodworking stores to visit other than Woodcraft to lighten my wallet. Thanks

Vic

Reply to
Vic H.

The Savannah Tool House on H-21 in Garden City (westside Savannah) has lots of tools available often featuring something you want on sale. Jacksonville has a Woodcraft store with their usual stuff and lots of exotic wood.

Reply to
bookman

Grizzly has a showroom in Muncy, PA - that's a little ways off 81, but might be fun depending on how much of a hurry you're in. I know there are several good hardwood dealers in PA also, so it might be worth looking up a few of those if you have some cargo room on your way back...

Have a good trip, Andy

Reply to
Andy

If you're not totally wedded to the route, you could swing by Raleigh via 85 and visit Klingspor who have retail outlet on SW side of city just off the beltway.

There're several good machinery distributorships there as well, but that's may be more than you're looking to carry.

--

Reply to
dpb

OK, Help me out here. About 5 years ago when I lived in VA, there was a huge Harbor Freight warehouse right on I-95 in either NC or SC. Can't remember exactly where, though.

montyhp

Reply to
montyhp

You could make a slight alteration and hit the Grizzly showroom in Muncy, PA (north of Harrisburg).

Reply to
Nova