Woodworking stores and clubs in Pensacola

My father is just getting started with woodworking. Seems he caught the bug from me. Anyway, where I live (NC) there are good clubs and good stores for woodworkers. He says there is really nothing like that down in Pensacola, FL. Does he just not know where to look, or is he right?
Rob