Woodworking show Chantilly VA - impressions & GLOATS

My dad and I made our anual pilgrimage to the Woodworking show this weekend. In the past years it was mainly just to look and drool, but this year I had to go ahead from SWMBO to buy if I found good deals. She told me "You have been busting your a$$ lately getting your side business going and since it is actually making money go ahead and get what you want" (1st and biggest GLOAT). So i put together a list of things that I was interested in, and checked the prices I could get it for elsewhere before going. I was able to find some pretty good deals this year. Seemed like the deals were better in the past. I got the following:

Jet 14" closed stand BS - $455.00 after $50.00 rebate Jet 600lb mobile base - $47.00 Kreg bandsaw fence with re-saw guide $99.00 PC 4212 dovetail Jig - $143.00

48" straigtedge clamp - $32.00 Freud 3 piece door set with how-to video and setup blacks $158.00 Cathedral door template kit - $58.00 Woodcraft tenoning jig - $69.00 Various small items

All of the items that I bought were below the prices elsewhere, but the two best deals were the BS and door templates. The Woodcraft tenonig jig was the same price as at the store, but since I did not have to drive 25 miles to get it there is still a savings :>) There were alot of vendors this year, ranging from heavy machinerey and major drool items (Laguna Mini Max) to the usual snake oil salesman). Seemed that the prices compared to other sources was better this year than in the past, but maybe it just seems that way since I was paying more attention this year.

-Rob

Reply to
Rob Ritch

) to the usual snake oil salesman). Seemed that the prices

Hey Rob, Congrats on the getting the deals! Just curious, was Rob West there from West Oak Woodworking? He sells spacer fences and vacuum clamps and router related stuff. Just curious as I say. Later Beej

Reply to
Beej-in-GA