woodworking show

I see. Pure laziness, then.

I expected no less.

Thank you for the entertainment, Mr. Kierstead.

It has been enlightening.

Reply to
Homer

The best entertainment will be when you have a typing error not caught by your spell checker. That would be two funny!

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thank you! My next work will be an impartial and in-depth analysis of the character traits of people who click buttons versus those who push other peoples' buttons. Watch for it!

-AD

Reply to
Adam Diehl

Us great ones are finding you both insufferable.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Four shore!

Reply to
Homer

Well, it could be many things but it could not be laziness. Since said button was pressed and the spelling error retained, then effort was placed into it. I try not to live up to expectations, since so few people expect anything worthwhile.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

In that endeavor you have succeeded admirably.

Reply to
Homer

There read dog cot there suns dear.

Lesson: Spell check bee four ewe proof reed.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

So uhhhh..... how was the wordworking shoe in Indy this weekend; Did ya'll like what there had to offer their?

(heheheheehe ;)

--dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Actually, I wsa there yesterday. I would say it was mediocre compare to previous shows. Jet and Delta didn't show up. Not many tutorials either. It seemed to be a big router bit fair. Nice demo by the guy from Legacy.

Len

Dave Jacks> So uhhhh..... how was the wordworking shoe in Indy this weekend; Did ya'll

Reply to
Leonard Lopez

Many years ago, I thought as you do that grammar and language was very important and of course it is. But in the years since, I have met and worked with many people who have difficulties learning and using English.

However, I have never noticed that this in any way diminished their character. In fact I would estimate that because of their lot in life, their character was more robust than most. Perhaps this was because they had experienced the hardness of life first hand.

For your edification, I have included the following. The final quotation is instructive. Perhaps you had intended reputation instead?

Personally, I appreciate the original posting as it has the potential of enlightening some readers and pertains to the topic of woodworking. Regretfully, your response does not.

Rob

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)" Character Char"ac*ter, n. L., an instrument for marking, character, Gr. ?, fr. ? to make sharp, to cut into furrows, to engrave: cf. F. caract`ere. 1. A distinctive mark; a letter, figure, or symbol.

It were much to be wished that there were throughout the world but one sort of character for each letter to express it to the eye. --Holder.

  1. Style of writing or printing; handwriting; the peculiar form of letters used by a particular person or people; as, an inscription in the Runic character.

You know the character to be your brother's? --Shak.

  1. The peculiar quality, or the sum of qualities, by which a person or a thing is distinguished from others; the stamp impressed by nature, education, or habit; that which a person or thing really is; nature; disposition.

The character or that dominion. --Milton.

Know well each Ancient's proper character; His fable, subject, scope in every page; Religion, Country, genius of his Age. --Pope.

A man of . . . thoroughly subservient character. --Motley.

  1. Strength of mind; resolution; independence; individuality; as, he has a great deal of character.
  2. Moral quality; the principles and motives that control the life; as, a man of character; his character saves him from suspicion.
  3. Quality, position, rank, or capacity; quality or conduct with respect to a certain office or duty; as, in the miserable character of a slave; in his character as a magistrate; her character as a daughter.
  4. The estimate, individual or general, put upon a person or thing; reputation; as, a man's character for truth and veracity; to give one a bad character.

This subterraneous passage is much mended since Seneca gave so bad a character of it. --Addison.

  1. A written statement as to behavior, competency, etc., given to a servant. Colloq.
  2. A unique or extraordinary individuality; a person characterized by peculiar or notable traits; a person who illustrates certain phases of character; as, Randolph was a character; Caesar is a great historical character.
  3. One of the persons of a drama or novel.

Note: ``It would be well if character and reputation were used distinctively. In truth, character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. Character is in himself, reputation is in the minds of others. Character is injured by temptations, and by wrongdoing; reputation by slanders, and libels. Character endures throughout defamation in every form, but perishes when there is a voluntary transgression; reputation may last through numerous transgressions, but be destroyed by a single, and even an unfounded, accusation or aspersion.'' --Abbott.

Reply to
Rob Mitchell

Indianapolis

instead?

Defender of the downtrodden dullard, eh ?

Gus

Reply to
Gus