woodworking show

Page 1 of 2
Theirs a Woodworkers show at the state fair grounds In Indianapolis now through sunday
neal.don wrote:

"theirs" is a possessive.
"there's" is a contraction.
Please learn the difference.
Homer wrote:

now
Maybe he meant "There is" but is dyslexic and in his excitement forgot the final 'e' and the space. ;^)
Homer wrote:

now
Maybe he meant "there is", but is dyslexic and forgot the final 'e' and the space. ;^)
Homer wrote:

Why should he learn the difference?
PK
Paul Kierstead wrote:

Grammar and usage reflects character.
Carelessness in one usually means carelessness in other endeavors.
Homer wrote:

Ah, I see! So you were asking him to learn proper grammer and spelling out of personal interest in his character! It is so very nice to see people in these newsgroups who take a personal intersest in improving others characters. It is very valiant of you to take the time.
PK
Paul Kierstead wrote:

My very distinct pleasure.
By the way, your own spelling is atrocious.
Allow me to recommend Mozilla Thunderbird as a newsreader application. It contains a spell checker.
Homer wrote:

Yes it is. I desperately wanted your help with my character as well, so I purposfully misspelled somethings in order to gain your wisdom. Thank you very much.
BTW, on Thunderbird. See the clever little '+' thing by the subject line? Click that to see the full header. Now, look down to the "User- Agent:" line and you too can know what reader I was using. Now see, you too can learn something! Just my little return for the great service you provide me and this group.
Paul Kierstead wrote:

Again, my pleasure.
A pity you haven't found the spell check icon as yet.
Feel free to call upon me whenever your character needs improvement.
Homer wrote:

I am so glad you are deriving so much pleasure. My character needs a great deal of improvement. I know it would be greatly improved if only I clicked on a button; that would show the world what a wonderful person I am! Wow, all through clicking on spell check! YOU THE MAN!!!
PK
Paul Kierstead wrote:

Now, if only someone would enlighten you as to the proper uses of the semicolon. Alas, a project for another day.
Homer wrote:

I rather doubt that usage of a semicolon has anything to do with enlightenment. Although perhaps you are right. Is there a button that will fix all my semicolons too and provide enlightment? Will that button also give me better character? That would be truly impressive!
I bow to your greatness and knowledge. You truly contribute to the world whereas I am just lacking in character as evidence by my sloppiness in grammer, punctuation and speling. It would be better had I not been born; I am blight upon the earth. However doth thou great ones ever suffer us, the great unwashed?
PK
Paul Kierstead wrote:

That is no light part of my penance.
Confidentially, you missed that naughty little spell check button again!
Homer wrote:

I can assure you it was not missed.
PK
Paul Kierstead wrote:

I see. Pure laziness, then.
I expected no less.
Thank you for the entertainment, Mr. Kierstead.
It has been enlightening.

The best entertainment will be when you have a typing error not caught by your spell checker. That would be two funny!
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Four shore!
Homer wrote:

Well, it could be many things but it could not be laziness. Since said button was pressed and the spelling error retained, then effort was placed into it. I try not to live up to expectations, since so few people expect anything worthwhile.
Paul Kierstead wrote:

In that endeavor you have succeeded admirably.