Woodworking paradox

Is it just me or does every woodowrker find that when building a jig or some other thing for the shop, you need the thing you're building to build it?

Some examples:

  • I needed a cross-cut sled to build my cross-cut sled.
  • I needed a router table to buid my router table (see Norm's New Yankee Workshop New Improved Router Table where he uses the old version to build the new improved one.)
  • I needed a bench with vises to build my bench with vises.
  • Etc.
Reply to
Never Enough Money

"Never Enough Money" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

That's what friends are for.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Hardly unique to woodworking: it's call "bootstrapping".

Lee

Reply to
Lee DeRaud

And that's _my_ woodworking goal: making my own tools to make my own tools to make my family's furniture. (Yes, I'd love to build a cupola furnace and go all the way back to dirt.)

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis