Woodworking paradox

Is it just me or does every woodowrker find that when building a jig or some other thing for the shop, you need the thing you're building to build it?
Some examples: * I needed a cross-cut sled to build my cross-cut sled. * I needed a router table to buid my router table (see Norm's New Yankee Workshop New Improved Router Table where he uses the old version to build the new improved one.) * I needed a bench with vises to build my bench with vises. * Etc.

That's what friends are for.
Patriarch
On 11 Jun 2005 07:37:10 -0700, "Never Enough Money"

Hardly unique to woodworking: it's call "bootstrapping".
Lee
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 07:52:38 -0700, Lee DeRaud wrote:

And that's _my_ woodworking goal: making my own tools to make my own tools to make my family's furniture. (Yes, I'd love to build a cupola furnace and go all the way back to dirt.)
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com