Woodworking Karma

In woodworking things must balance.

Example:

Last week I got a delta drill press off the local freecycle list. Needs a new spring to raise the quill, but otherwise seems fine. Certainly worth the gas to pick it up.

Last night I was testing out the new panel-raising bit so I might finally complete my armoire after ~4yrs. Everything was going great- nice smooth test cuts in my plywood scrap, taking small bites. Then I raised it one last time to get the top edge, turned the router back on, and it bound up on the fence. It seems I hadn't raised the bit high enough when shaping the notch in the fence.

Quick, turn it off. NO, you moron, that's the lock lever... ok, now it's off after it already stopped turning. Hmm.. did it blow the breaker or the router? Turn it back on.. all the magic smoke is exiting my Hitachi M12V.

*sigh* Karma.

So, anyone know if the controller boards are replaceable in a Hitachi M12V? My quick dig through my manual pile didn't find the right one last night. Then I just left the shop in disgust/before I broke anything else.

-- Nobody Special Chandler, AZ

Reply to
Nobody_special

Yes although the controller board is about $105.00. See:

no(SPAM)vasys

Thanks. All the docs on the hitachi site are broken links.

-- Nobody Special Chandler, AZ

Reply to
Nobody_special

Sorry to hear of your experience. You deserve much credit for throwing in the towel when you did. I know lots of people who would stubbornly continue working on something else only to cut off their fingers - or worse.

Mark Proulx Des Moines, WA

Reply to
Mark Proulx