Woodworking in Western Michigan?

List:
I'm facing a possible relocation to Grand Rapids. What woodworking resources are out there, aside from . .um . . trees? :)
Thanx

Used to be the furniture center of the Midwest, if not the US. No longer. Lots of empty places last time I passed through. Almost as bad as Flint.
George wrote:

I think the NC area would have had to rank as the dominant US-wide center for the US factory-furniture producers...although it, too, is no longer what it once was.
I don't think that's what OP had in mind, however... :)

Yep, that's where the business went first - right-to-work state. Michigan is a Union shop state.
In addition to being in a beautiful part of the state, there are many excellent cultural opportunities available in the area, as well as numerous colleges. But to the important question - woodworking related. I know of two sources in Grand Rapids, though there are probably others (I'm on the opposite side of the state, and only visit in the GR area): http://www.thewoodsource.com / http://www.theworkbench.com /
Wandering around north of Grand Rapids, toward Traverse City, it is possible to find numerous small lumber operations (or go all the way to TC and take turning classes from Lyle Jamieson).
Enjoy, Fred Bearman Port Huron, Michigan

Ferris State's Kendall College of Art and Design has a Furniture Design program with a variety of related classes.
Woodcraft is opening a new store in GR soon.
Roger

Welp, the Relo IS going through. Was there this past weekend. Dragged the wife through Woodcraft and Meynards. . . .
Walk-out basements seem to be RARE, whereas every driveway is paved in concrete. Weird.
Anywho, love to hear what resources there are aside from the toy stor . . . er . . . Woodcraft on 28th St.
Thanx
Charles