Woodworking in Japan

I am planning a trip along the San'in Coast of Japan (north coast of western Honshu) and I want to find woodworkers to visit along the way. Thanks to a recent posting here on the wreck, I now know about Yazawa in Miyazaki and he is definitely on my list but I am looking for others.
I seem to remember a book that was available years ago, back when I lived in Japan, that described crafts (woodworking, textiles, pottery, etc.) and craftsmen by geographic region. Can anyone tell me the title and author of such a book? It does not have to cover all of Japan - a concentration on Kansai, Chugoku or San'in would be preferable but less likely. In any case, any reasonably on-target book or other resource would be good.
Cheers,
Larry
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:27:48 +1300, Larry Spitz

Larry,
You might contact Palomar College. They have extensive contacts in Japan with woodworkers. In addition, if you have time on your trip consider a trip to taiwan's central western coast to the village of SanYi. Flights from Narita go to Taipei daily and then about 1.5hrs in a car.
Good Luck, J
http://www.palomar.edu/woodworking /