Woodworking in Action!!! DVD Magazine

Does anyone know if this magazine has gone down the drain?

have not received the last two issues of my subscription (4&5). Have sent several emails to them but no answers at all... Lousy customer service...

This guy at least tells the truth:

name

Before there was email, before there was an Internet, before there were computers, there was this voice messaging device called the "telephone". They still exist. Have you tried it?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Since I live in Europe that's not the first thing I try...

Reply to
name

Here is your answer posted on their website.

Ted

Important notice to all subscribers...

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that Woodworking at Home Magazine is no longer being published.

While I have enjoyed every minute of time spent producing the magazine, talking with you on the phone, answering your emails, and especially working with Dick Sing and David Reilly, it must all come to an end. Sometimes life throws you enough problems all at once that you simply cannot overcome to proceed along the intended path. Throughout most of 2006, I have been faced with many challenges that, while one-by-one, are seemingly easy to overcome. All combined together have left me with no option but to end this great magazine.

When I set out on the journey to publish Woodworking at Home Magazine, I knew there would be many challenges. As if the magazine publishing industry isn't tough enough, I chose to produce a DVD video magazine. Not because it was cheaper or because it was easier (neither of which is close to the truth), but because it is better.

While I will certainly miss the extremely intense day-to-day activities of producing the magazine, I will miss most of all serving you, my valued customers. I will miss sharing my vision of woodworking as well as providing Dick and David with a medium to share their visions too.

All I can offer is my deepest apologies to all of you and to say "Thank you". Thank you for your support and encouragement to keep pushing woodworking and the media I used communicate it, to its limits.

I will continue to sell back issues for as long as they are in stock and it is profitable enough to keep this website open and operating.

In an effort to help you get something for the issues you will not receive to fulfill your subscription, please follow the instructions on this page WHAT TO DO

Sincerely,

Chris DeHut

Reply to
Bigpole

I can't say that I'll miss it. I subscribed at first just to see what it was about and still have two DVD issues in their mailer's that were never opened.

May be just what you get used to in the post Gutenberg age, but to me a magazine is a "magazine" ... damn hard, with the current state of technology, to enjoy a DVD "magazine" in an easy chair, or on the throne, with a DVD player/computer in hand.

When nanotechnology finally combines with e-Book technology, and you can fold it up and stick in your shirt pocket, maybe we'll get somewhere.

... then again, greedy publishers will also have to come to grips with their DRM phobias.

Reply to
Swingman

How does a statement about "Woodworking at Home" relate to "Woodworking In Actgion"?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Wrong magazine........

Reply to
name

My experience has not been good with these folks either. Phone call#1 of 6 was made to them last November requesting to purchase a back issue of the magazine. I was put into a voice mail box of the 'only' person who could fulfill my request. Weeks passed, several calls made to them, messages left in voice mailbox and no response. On Jan 12, I emailed Graham Blackburn directly, explaining the difficulty in purchasing the back issue. He responded that he would send me the back issue free of charge. As of today I still have not received the back issue.

Reply to
tommyboy

Reply to
Bigpole