Woodworking gifts received

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:54:01 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

Bull or steer, sir?

-- "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy." --Tom Clancy

Reply to
Larry Jaques

.but, but, but it has recipes for glutton free breads... or am I reading that wrong?

There is more than one ingredient in bread that will put the weight on you. Butter? Sugar,?

And more butter on that slice of FRESH......HOT......FLAVORFUL......DELICIOUS.........STUFF from Aunt Minnie's Potted Livernichol bread recipe. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I buy my own tools and tell everyone I know I prefer it that way. In fact, I prefer that I am the only one that knows about my tools and that nobody ever sees them. I'd be happy to get a warm plaid flannel shirt as a gift though, even better if it has pocket flaps to keep out the sawdust.

Reply to
Phisherman

Anything below 70F is not fit for human habitation, which was a major reason I left Ohio.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Check out the Chamois shirts from L L Bean, you might like them.

I know I do.

Lew.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Wimp.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:13:17 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Har! I frequently work outside in 40F weather with a t-shirt and ski cap on, spring and fall. As a LoCal resident, I was a wimp, like you are now, pobrecito. ;)

-- "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy." --Tom Clancy

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I consider it an intelligent choice.

I finally gave my goose down parka away the other day.

Figured it was safe since I hadn't worn it in 20 years.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I don't "make" anything in the kitchen. SWMBO owns that territory. I do know that she follows baking recipes to the letter, other than fillers like nuts. Yes, she makes a lot of bread, or used to. She killed a "Bread Man" bread maker so we bought a Cuisenart. She doesn't like it at all so buys bread.

Reply to
krw

"Leon" wrote in news:7LWdneAaK_QcBqrWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

The Makita's got a flashlight and impact driver with the drill. The Panasonic is just the drill. I'm still keeping my Makitas... The Panasonic may be better, but it's not that much better.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Phisherman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I asked for some 5" hook and loop sand paper for Christmas, and got a couple packages from just about everybody. That worked out quite well for Christmas tools. You never can have too much sand paper, especially when it takes 2-3 sheets to finish a project.

Didn't get the other tool I asked for, a good quality pencil sharpener. (Lee Valley's got one for $20.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper