Woodworking gifts received

Page 3 of 4
On 12/27/2009 06:23 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Should be healthy - fiber in the diet and all...

I made my first Multi Grain loaf today. There is NO way anybody could gain weight eating that stuff....not with all the flax seed, pulverized barbed-wire and other ultra-fibre componenets.
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:32:02 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

How BIG was this cooked pile of flax seed, barbed wire and ultra fibre loaf and how MUCH did you eat? Eventually, most will use it to cook the really tasty stuff and that's where the weight will start to appear.
As I said before, I considered buying one a few years ago. Queried all my friends that had one and got one universal fact. I'm fat enough. With a bread maker, and all that great tasting and smelling bread or pizza dough or whatever, you're going to eat more than you normally would.
Robatoy wrote: ------------------------------------------- I made my first Multi Grain loaf today. There is NO way anybody could gain weight eating that stuff....not with all the flax seed, pulverized barbed-wire and other ultra-fibre componenets. -------------------------------------------
Ye gads, are you sure there isn't some bovine in your genes?
Can't think of a good reason to even taste, much less eat that crap.
Lew

Just in my groin, sonny.

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:54:01 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Bull or steer, sir? <wink>
-- "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy." --Tom Clancy
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:11:39 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

There is a whole lot more food energy in good breads than you think. When I'm working hard, especially out in the cold, it shows up a lot more. Wonderbread will -kill- ya. Force some multigrain down your throat and you'll feel warmer and be able to work harder because it's _real_food_, Lew.
Yeah, a lot of multigrain breads are dry. Those made without flour, oil, and wheat gluten are the worst as far as taste and moisture. So go with a conventionally made bread with good ingredients.
-- "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy." --Tom Clancy
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Anything below 70F is not fit for human habitation, which was a major reason I left Ohio.
Lew
"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Wimp.
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

I consider it an intelligent choice.
I finally gave my goose down parka away the other day.
Figured it was safe since I hadn't worn it in 20 years.
Lew
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:13:17 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

Har! I frequently work outside in 40F weather with a t-shirt and ski cap on, spring and fall. As a LoCal resident, I was a wimp, like you are now, pobrecito. ;)
-- "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy." --Tom Clancy
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:32:02 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

That's quite likely true. I have it under good authority that a piece of multigrain bread, sharpened at the edges and left to dry for 2 days, will work just as well as OddJob's bowler, with nearly all the kinetic energy of same.
That said, my favorite bread is Franz' Oregon Hazelnut, a multigrain bread with nuts. Yuckin' Fummy!
-- "Menja b, caga fort!"
Theeeeen I scored a Cuisinart Convection Breadmaker. I know absolutely diddly-squat 'bout those there breadmachines, but it looks like it could be a hoot.
All breadmakers have one major flaw. They all will make you FAT.

.but, but, but it has recipes for glutton free breads... or am I reading that wrong?
On 12/27/09 12:45 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Apparently they make you pedantic too.
Yes there are the gluten free varieties, if you can find the ingredients.
--
Froz...

..
GLUTTON free breads, my frozen friend.. GLUTTON..... <G> not frickin' gluten-free... that stuff tastes like sponges look.
On 12/27/09 3:19 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Apparently you were reading it wrong. ;-) Go for the liposuction attachment.
--
Froz...

.but, but, but it has recipes for glutton free breads... or am I reading that wrong?
There is more than one ingredient in bread that will put the weight on you. Butter? Sugar,?
And more butter on that slice of FRESH......HOT......FLAVORFUL......DELICIOUS.........STUFF from Aunt Minnie's Potted Livernichol bread recipe. ;~)
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 16:37:15 -0500, the infamous "Lee Michaels"

You were darned lucky to learn that BEFORE you moved in, huh? Whew!
-- REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up!
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid says...

Lucky sod. My wife got a chainsaw <grin> - well she asked for one a week ago. So that's some kind of woodworking tool.
I, on the other hand, got sweet F.A. and that's been the rule for a number of years now .... <wistful lopsided grin>.
Some people just don't know how to keep a relationship alive, but at least she's starting to become a decent fencer after a 10 year apprenticeship and will, mayhap, start attacking some windfalls in the future once she gets the hang of her new toy ...
-P.