Woodworking gifts received

Page 1 of 4
My wife (who has a keen eye) got me a dust-collection set for my router with different hoods for different applications, and one of those electric branding irons so I can sign my projects--a woman like that is a keeper!
The project I did as a Christmas gift for friends was also well-received, now I'll have to drive up to their place and brand it.
http://www.woodmagazine.com/photos/summer-woodworking-projects/holiday-gift-projects/1365300003/?photoId 63400009
Most of the gifts I get are dust collectors, except for the Incra 6" precision T-Rule my daughters got me. Love these things.

Yep. I have been married to one of those for 42 years. I ended up wearing down my 14 year old Ryobi 11-1/4" planer while building and trimming our new home. Now SHE is bound and determined I am going to get a new Grizzly G0453 15" machine to replace it!
One of my pet peeves is women who constantly put their men down because they can't do anything with their hands.......and bitch everytime the guy even mentions buying a tool.
RonB

Mine doesn't complain at all. She does the "do you NEED it or do you WANT it" question but if she sees that I need it, I can usually get it. I did get a WoodWorker 2 and a Ridgid jointer for Christmas this year so I can't complain.
Allen

Uhhhh...Yeah there IS that! ;^}
Somebody wrote:

Started my career working for the National Carbon Division of Union Carbide.
This was a place that made things from graphite.
As a result, there was graphite dust all over the place even with dust collection and motorized sweepers.
The graphite dust would get all over your shoes and into the pores of your skin.
Had a pair of shoes that never left the plant.
Had a 2nd pair that were used for commuting from home to the plant and back.
Once at home, it was time for street shoes.
It worked for me.
Lew
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 13:36:52 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

I leave a pair of old shoes by the garage door and another by the entrance to the room over the garage. and *try* to slip them off every time I come in, but sometimes...
"RonB" wrote

Reminds me of trying to rent a house years ago and mentioning that I would put woodworking tools in the basement. The owner (female) recoiled in horror and asked, "Would you be making sawdust?" When I told her yes, she started screaming and chased us out of the house. Apparently, to her, sawdust was the ultimate evil.

Stuff won't even burn. How evil is that???
I received a wonderful present. Planet Earth on Blu-ray. I have all the tools I need. Need. There are still some I desire. What I need, I have.
Oh.. and a Blu-ray player to go with it. And a few new Blu-ray discs. Clapton & Winwood.... should be nice. And Angela bought me a plasma.
See ya`ll in a bit. *S*
<snip>

Wat jammer ... I really feel for you <evil grin>
--
Best regards
Han

Yup! especially when you factor in the tough decisions between the Armangnac and the single malt to go with the Montecristo number 3.
I wouldn`t want to do this more than once a year.... jus` wouldn`t be special anymore.
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:47:16 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Don't know about everybody else, but after a five week stint in the hospital and coming home for good yesterday, I've decided to give myself Lee Valley's plow plane with five blades for my Christmas present. And I think I've earned it. Might as well take advantage of LV's free shipping that's on right now.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pW678&cat=1,230,41182
On Dec 25, 6:48pm, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

Dude!! I didn't know anything was amiss. Glad to see you back! BTW... hospitals suck... they're full of sick people. Stay away from there!
Merry Christmas!!!
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 15:54:19 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

You got that right. Left on my own despite the objections of the hospital physio department. Damned if I was going to spend Christmas and new year's in a hospital, not if I could do anything about it, so I did..
Merry Christmas and a great New Year's to you too. Quaff a few Erdingers for me will you?
On Dec 25, 7:15pm, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

To Er is Dinger, to quaff is divine. 3 bucks for a half liter is premium, but the only beer that's worth it...but only sometimes. It is not a regular maintenance beer. My life is like that. I enjoy a good burger, but once in a while I need filet mignon. Once in a while I need to rent a Porsche or an Arnage. That kind of stuff is a lot of fun, but who wants to have to keep it maintained and insured...and get nailed with that insane depreciation? Speaking of maintenance... I think Tiger Woods is about to find out what that's all about. <G>
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

I hope that you stay home now. Good luck in '10

As someone who spent most of the first qtr of 09 either in the hospital or rehab, I can relate.
Hope 10 is better for you.
Lew
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 16:03:06 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

Thanks Lew. Just the fact that I'm home now means that 10 will start off good. Best of the season to you too.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote in news:tclaj5l5lu2hqopfu4ht7uoei2dmmgj3db@ 4ax.com:

Best wishes to you Dave, and to you too Lew!
--
Best regards
Han

Theeeeen I scored a Cuisinart Convection Breadmaker. I know absolutely diddly-squat 'bout those there breadmachines, but it looks like it could be a hoot.