Woodworking Gift Ideas

Hello,
We have a unique woodworking gift idea, and thought the group may want to have a look. It's not an expensive item, so it is easy for most to afford, and it's a neat way to get something for a hard to buy for wooding enthusiasts. It's an exact replica miniature Woody's Classic Chrome Router Bit Key Ring.
Please accept my apologies if this post is too sales related. I'm not very familiar with the rules of this group, but thought I it may be a nice fathers day gift for those in the group. If you want to have a look just click here: http://digitalmarketing1.com/woodys.htm
Again, sorry if this is too sales related. Thanks for your time.

Hm. I don't really want to feed the spammer, but in case the OP is actually looking for feedback, I'll give some. If I for some reason wanted a router bit keyring, I could probably find a dull router bit and attach a ring, and keep my $19 including shipping. I don't know if I'm speaking for the group, but it seems to me that many woodworkers aren't the type that would want or really appreciate cute trinkets like that. In fact, I would hope my inlaws don't see this chromed router bit; it looks like the kind of gift I'd graciously accept, and wish they'd shopped from my LV wishlist instead. Then I'd forget about it or try to sell it on eBay, to the MIL of some other poor woodworker. $19 would buy a real router bit, or a decent clamp, or a few board feet of cherry, or 11% of a LV LA smoother, any of which would actually be useful.

Seens' as this is your first post here (with this email, at least), and it's obviously an unsolicited sales pitch for a non-useful item, I think it surely qualifies as spam. Bye. Andy
"Never loose the keys to your workshop again..." Tom

It's not, in any way I can think of, spam.
--
My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is:
Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can. -- Frank Zappa

Curious - what's your definition of spam? It's unsolicited, and it's selling something. It's not exactly email, but a usenet post is pretty close. Therefore it's spam. What am I missing? Andy
Fri, Apr 27, 2007, 4:36pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Andy)doth query: <snip> What am I missing? It's polite spam? LMAO
JOAT If you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter. - W.S. Lind

By your definition, Steve Knight is probably the worst spammer on the Wreck.
As for me, the FAQ here is as good a definition as any:
<http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/faqs/spam.html
Some people use the term "spam" to mean "I don't like your post" or "that post is off-topic", but those definitions are simply wrong.
--
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
- Margaret Thatcher

OK, thanks for clarifying - spam is generally high-volume, or the same thing posted in multiple places. And this original post did seem specific to this group. And I'll second your +1 for politeness. But in my original response, I did specify the condition that it was the advertiser's first post to this group before I called it spam (whether or not my definition is correct), which would definitely exclude Steve Knight. I have a two of his planes (razee jack and pocket plane), and I use them, show them off, and always appreciate the quality of workmanship. I also appreciate Steve's contributions to the group, and most of all the fact that he's not JUST hawking his products, but offering support, advice, and service to back them up. If the OP can tell me how to improve on the use of a chromed router bit... never mind. If someone wants to advertise a new, unique tool or product that really meets a practical need of woodworkers, or solves a shop problem, or whatever, I'd be happy to see them post and read about that product. I'm sorry if I've offended any of the regular contributors to this group - the point I was trying to make was that IMO woodworkers don't seem to be trinket-loving people. Maybe I'm wrong - if anyone here actually wants a chromed router bit, please let me know and maybe I need to adjust my image of woodworkers. I just know that for me, I'd much rather receive the gift of a real tool than a fake one. Andy

I suppose it could be called spam, but his gift idea is well within the scope of this group. I'm cutting him some slack. This time.
<G>
+1 for politeness.
Gods above yes, I'd hate to get something like that, and definitely wouldn't BUY one. If I want something 'speial' as a key ring I'll dig out the old hand gernod ring I hve stuck away somewhere around here. That would actually mean something to me, and I wouldn't mind carrying it.
JOAT If you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter. - W.S. Lind